Triumph 675 Forums banner

Knolly's Gear Sale - Spartan Leathers Two-Piece Suit, SIDI Boots, Alpinestars Boots

2K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Knolly 
#1 · (Edited)
Alright I've got a bit of gear to unload. Not all of it is in perfect shape, so as always, I am a big fan of full disclosure so I'll do my best to point out all of the flaws and represent them well.

ALL PRICES INCLUDE SHIPPING TO THE US. If you are in the area and would like to try out the gear for fit just let me know.

Alpinestars Octane Riding Boots - Size 12 US - $20 - SOLD

These are a really awesome boot for the street. Really comfortable and good protection. I wore them for a few months before I got the SIDI boots and they've been sitting around since then. I wear a size 12 to 12 1/2 sneaker and these fit perfectly.

SIDI Vertigo Race Boots - Size 11.5 US, 46 EUR - $50 - SOLD

These have been crashed in, as shown. Most of the damage is very moderate damage on replaceable parts, the one non-replaceable piece damage (as far as I can see) is the vent slider on the right boot. I wear a size 12 to 12 1/2 sneaker and these fit perfectly.

Spartan Leathers Force Two-Piece Leather Suit - SOLD

WARNING: I went overboard describing this because I wanted to be very clear on its condition. I apologize in advance.

This two-piece suit was custom made for me by Spartan Leathers and is their "Force" model. I am 6'2" and weighed about 200 lbs when I was measured for this, and it fits me for that size while leaving room to comfortably wear a back and chest protector, so if you are around my size you will fit like a glove.

This HAS been crashed in twice. If you research Spartan Leathers suits you'll find they're built to last, and I would ride the track in this suit again with 100% confidence, the only reason I'm selling it is that I am planning on racing next year which requires a one-piece suit. I have tried to detail the damage as much as possible, but I would consider it all to be cosmetic damage. In the impact areas just the very top finish of the leather has warn off, and if you run your finger over it you can see it's just barely taken the top off.

The only two exceptions to this are:

1. The upper arms have zippers that you can unzip to open vents. The zipper on the right arm has come off of the seams, so this can either be repaired fairly cheaply or just removed altogether (I always ran with the vents open). There still is material underneath this area, it is just highly perforated.

2. On the back of the right thigh there are a few small holes. This is a non-impact area, hence why it is made of tough textile rather than leather, but I believe the holes are just from my last crash and hitting some debris as I was tumbling. There is still lining intact underneath the holes and I personally probably woudn't even bother fixing them, but I did want to point them out.

The Unicorn patch can be removed at your request of course, haha.

For pricing, this runs $925 new. I figure knock a chunk off for the damage and you have an awesome two-piece suit that will last for a long, long time for a nice price. I recommend Spartan Leathers to everyone I know because I can't emphasize how happy I am with their construction and quality, and the one-piece I'll get to replace this one will be from Spartan as well. I am open to any offers if you think that price isn't reasonable, but if I can't sell this for a decent price I'll just drop the money and get this suit converted to a one-piece suit (like I said, I'm completely confident in its ability to keep protecting me).

See less See more
#3 ·
Yep, going to get a one piece from Spartan Leathers again, unless this can't sell for a decent price in which case I'll just get this converted to a onesie.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.