Triumph 675 Forums banner

New House: New Garage

3K views 18 replies 17 participants last post by  NewShockerGuy 
#1 · (Edited)
Just a teaser of the new house...lol

My Past work of our townhouse.

Townhouse garage: Work done around September 2011.

Before:

After:

Current Work:
New House garage:

(Before) And how it looked before I moved in.

After

It's dirty as hell.... but should be cleaned up here shortly.

Same treatment.. I did epoxy floor, patched drywall... painted walls..etc.

I changed my inital design due to the electrician measuring OFF the floor rather than the ceiling and the outlets were not 100 even.... hense the big white stripe to trick the eye.. Can't really tell on the back wall pictured but the side walls you can...

That's all...lol

I'll take some better pictures but hope to bring the bikes up from the basement so they can live in the garage soon.... Plus gotta hang shelves, put my mid lift in... and things of that nature, still tons left!

-Nigel

See less See more
#13 ·
Looks good. Every time I get mine cleared up, more crap falls in it. Just when I cleared it up from a garage sale, the christmas stuff has one bay filled up now. :unhappy:

#19 ·
ahaha... very true... I really dislike paying people for stuff I can do. I look at some things as if you don't have to go to school to learn it then it can be done... (that's not meant to disprect anybody in the trade field.. believe I wish I had more skills with shit) It's commercial grade epoxy that I applied to the floor. Just as noted above I did our town house about a year ago. I will have to find the thread somewhere, but there's lot of things you have to research on and do before just putting epoxy on concrete..etc When it turns out bad it looks horrible and then you will spend more money trying to remove the shit and doing it all over again...
Louie: I've had many people actually tell me that..lol The problem I see is when the economy is shitty like it is now, people aren't willing to spend money for something like that when they could put that money elsewhere in the house...etc. I told my wife when we build a house in 5 years or so she can do whatever she wants in the house, I simply want my 4 car detached loft garage.

I hope to get some work done this weekend in getting the majority of things in the garage, bikes, mid lift, tools..etc. Working two full time jobs and going to school full time really only leaves me time on the weekends to do things so I have to maximze my time as much as possible and actually plan what is going to take place. I've pretty much been working on our house non stop since June... When we first moved in while people were helping us move stuff into the house I was busy prepping the garage floor for abou the first week since my toolchest was getting delivered. Being about 1000lbs once thy put it in the garage that's where it was going to stay, so I had to be exact and thorough when prepping and getting the epoxy down before the delivery truck delivered it... It sucks cause I didn't even get to take the triumphs out this year.. :-(

I paid a little over $1000 for the materials via epoxy, primer, supplies, and poly. I would imagine the cost being closer to $3,000 if I had paid someone to do it honestly...

Hopefully I will snap some pics here once more is done!

-Nigel

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.