Triumph 675 Forums banner

I hate when shit happens.....

2K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  D675Chuck 
#1 ·
So the other day I was riding away from my local dealer, hit the freeway and felt a rock hit my chest. Well little did I know that, that was all it hit.

I have a freaking rock chip, down to metal, on my tank!!!! Holly crap!! The bike is just a month old!!! :cuss:

Well I have looked at all different ways to fix it from a shop wanting to charge me $400 to fix it to the $24.95 kit.

So I have chosen to fix it myself but using good olf fashioned body shop techniques. I will post a how to after I get done doing the repair, with photos, if I feel my work is good enough. I will also include a parts / materials list.

Wish me luck!

#3 ·
It sucks but it if you ride it is going to happen.

Wait until you get some time on your bike fast road riding then - the front of a black bike becomes a starry night sky map at the front, and stuffed if I am going to fix that all the time. Life is too short.

Depends on how big the chip is though (I'm pretty anal about my bike too).

#8 ·
Bummer! On my Speedy 3 I had just bought a set of CRG bar end mirrors. First ride out a semi blows past oncoming and lets a rock fly, and wouldn't you know, right smack in the back of one of the mirrors. Totally shattered the glass... Rocks suck...:grouphug2:

#9 ·
First day I got my daytona I kicked it over in the driveway just to get the first scratches out of the way.
:biggrinjester:

that sucks dude, cool of you to write up a how to though. Good luck with it man.
:thumbup:

#10 ·
Find a custom clear bra fitter in your area. I had my car done before I even picked it up - bumper, half hood, headlights, front of fenders and back of mirrors. Works great, my last car was a disaster after a couple years. Been considering doing my bike since I have picked up a couple small nicks on the upper fairing.

#12 ·
Well as of today the chip is filled and sanded down for paint. Just need to go get a couple of brushes to paint and clear the chip. Looks pretty good so far. Taking photos of each step for the how to.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.