Triumph 675 Forums banner

Let's see your Garages/Man Cave

182K views 736 replies 170 participants last post by  Chamca 
#1 · (Edited)
Figured since it's a hit on other forums, post up your garage. Workbenches, tools, cars/trucks/motorcycles, projects, etc. Whatever you got.

I'll start.

At first I was like:

But then I was like:

Moving in...

Getting more organized. Added a workbench, shelving on the right, a couple of metal cabinets under the soffit, and a big whiteboard on the soffit. Spare white kitchen cabinet on the left is a project for the next few weeks. Making a kitchen island on casters since there isn't enough counterspace, and the cabinet is going to be the main portion of the base. $25 at habitat for humanity.

My $10 workbench. Consists of 2 kitchen cabinets I got for free, and a $10 solid wood interior door from Habitat for Humanity. That's not coke in the bottle, btw. That was my brake fluid. Nasty.

And my toy. Wife's toy is the yellow Kayak

Other bike is a friend's Daytona 600 streetfighter. Took this photo at a trackday in october. His first.

I'm storing it for him for winter. He's also highly likely to be buying a new 675R over the winter months, so that will be coming into my garage as well.

See less See more
#351 ·
The Garage space looked large when I bought the house...

Epoxied the floor,

Built out the workspace,

Not bad till you add all the toys...

The green car is a friends that I'm storing, but its still getting cramped in there, and I'm now contemplating adding a Tiger 800xc, so I think Ill be looking for another garage...

#353 ·

The green car is a friends that I'm storing, but its still getting cramped in there, and I'm now contemplating adding a Tiger 800xc, so I think Ill be looking for another garage...
Nice! Who's FZ6R? I see it's not mentioned in your list of bikes, so I'm assuming it's the same friend who has the green car?

#361 ·
And what's that on the right?? Please tell me it's a CNC machine.[/QUOTE]

I have a 60 amp breaker running 240 in the garage. I wish I had a CNC machine, what you see is a powder coat spray booth and a large oven to bake the parts. The oven is the reason I have a 60 amp breaker since its draws 12,500 watts.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

#367 ·
Damn nice set up man! Jealous for sure.

#373 ·
When we bought the house:

Work in progress.. hope to have the majority of it done this weekend, I've cleaned the floors and need to do a second coat of black on the base blocks but other than that then need to hang my shelves and cabinets, put carpet on the steps and install my midlift... ahhhh so much more work :-(

-Nigel

#375 ·
Received my new bike lift today. This thing is sweet... lifts bike up to 75cm, has a front wheel chock so it's easy to load with one person, it's narrow so you can work unobstructed, and is hooked up to my air compressor for no-effort lifting.

http://www.kendonusa.com/sportlift.html

Attachments

#376 ·
Received my new bike lift today. This thing is sweet... lifts bike up to 75cm, has a front wheel chock so it's easy to load with one person, it's narrow so you can work unobstructed, and is hooked up to my air compressor for no-effort lifting.
Great buy, I had the pleasure of working with one for a year. I don't want to know what freight cost you though, ouch!

#389 ·
Spent the past two or so weeks revamping the garage, shamelessly stole the design :p

Still need to mount the tools to the wall board, and move some stuff back from the outside storage into the garage, but I'm very pleased with how it turned out. I still need to epoxy the floor, but that's a worry for a different day.

#394 ·
And now I can post in here again. I'll be closing toward the end of July on this place. ~1600sqft townhouse. 3bed 3.25 bath with (the most important part...) a 2 car garage.

It's a small 2 car at roughly 16.25'x18.75' but it's still significantly bigger than the other townhouses that had a smaller than normal 1 car. Those were about 9x18. I could have afforded bigger and possibly a 3 car garage if I wanted to move outside the city, but the wife and I wanted to stay inside city limits, and still within a specific neighborhood so this as good as it gets.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.