• Daily Daytona.

Votes: 135 66.8%
  • Daily Striple.

Votes: 31 15.3%
  • Daily other Bike.

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • Don't daily a bike.

Votes: 30 14.9%

Do you daily your 675? (actual poll) (not counting winter)

12K views 65 replies 49 participants last post by  cruiser jimmy 
#1 ·
Not counting winter, Do you daily your bike?

Personally I daily my Daytona. My honda accord is burning oil and gets 28mpg, my 99 5.9L ram gets less than 12 mpg, and I need a new driveshaft (anyone have one?) and Ive been getting 40-48mpg on the daytona. Oh, and its way more fun. My Track 240sx...........buddy crashed it. that used to be my daily ridiculously uncomfortable drifter.......I miss it so much.

#3 ·
I didn't even own a car for 7 years commuted every work day on the bike rain, shine, or snow. I'm so over that. Weather or not I rather have a cage around me to fight the a-holes in their cars that want to run me over. I feel far safer at the track at 140mph then I do riding a block in traffic.

#13 ·
Used to daily the Daytona, but now that I work from home, I don't daily anything, so as usual, I just don't fit :whistle:

#16 ·
Another work-from-homer here.

But even when I commuted daily, rain or shine, on a bike, I'd never have done it on the Daytona. Commuting kills bikes.

I had an old ZZR600 that I used for that. Very capable bike, did everything, did it comfortably. And meant that the Daytona could stay at home, in the garage, under a sheet, its sticky tyres preserved for the next run up through the hills on a sunny day.

O.B

#14 ·
Every day, year round. I don't own a car. When there is snow or ice on the roads, I use public transport, but haven't had to do that since I've owned my Streety. The hottest ride in was several days over 100* last summer, the coldest so far has been 17*.

I kind of wish I had an old beater for the crappy weather days, though. I don't mind MYSELF being in the elements, but now that I have my Streety, I want to protect her from that crap. :laugh:

tnr

#21 ·
I'm daily, rain or shine... In SoCal, the rain isn't much of an issue, but when I was in North Carolina it was fairly frequent. I don't have a car of my own, but if the need for more than the bike arises, I steal the wife's car for the day.

#25 ·
Well, there's commute, and commute...

Mine looked like:

- Warm it up a bit
- Hit top speed on the empty road
- Get to work
- Warm it up a bit
- Mind the rain, snow or unwanted lever setup change
- Hit top speed on the empty road
- Overtake the gendarmes two and a half times slower to pretend you were never speeding
- Resist the urge until they're gone
- Get home

and I think it didn't kill her too much, she might even have enjoyed it :biggrinjester:

I sure miss those days, I probably wouldn't if I'd had to endure daily city riding, but at least I've got good gear, failing to prepare is preparing to fail !

#28 ·
I daily ride mine. I recently moved into a full time sales role and I do about 70-200 miles a day now depending on where I am going. If its not raining I'm riding. Before that I was in management and rode every day rain or shine.

With the street getting 50+ mpg and my 02 Mustang GT gets only 25mpg on the highway.

#29 ·
I'm actually in the process of selling my truck right now to make my Daytona my daily for the next several months. I already have it arranged to buy a late 90's model 4-cyl accord from my father this coming winter for dirt cheap.

I'll probably ride the Daytona thru this summer and maybe one more before I look into my next bike. Might have to try out a Street Triple next. They sound like a shit ton of fun and I really dig the naked look!

...and if no one steals my idea by that time, I'm painting that beast sweet sweet caspian blue!! :coolgleamA:

#35 ·
The point is there are positives and negatives to every place you live and just the same everyone has their own personal preferences. We like Triumphs others like Hondas. There's no reason to post inflammatory opinions like that. Trust me I'm holding back I have very strong opinions about socal. The weather doesn't prevent me from riding year round. I did it for over 7 years in Oregon rain and snow. It never stopped me. I didn't stop because of the weather. I stopped because I got tired of dodging idiots in cages trying to run me over every day. If I lived in non-urban area I'd probably still ride daily.

#36 ·
That's a lot of words. I meant it in a completely harmless and playful kind of way, I hate the choking rules and regs of Socal, and the traffic congestion. Not so much the crappy drivers now, after riding around in India for a while. But ya, take no offence. I mean you no harm, good sir!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.