Triumph 675 Forums banner

Well another tona bites the dust. RIP my baby

3K views 38 replies 27 participants last post by  kmo 
#1 ·
Well thankfully I'm still around to tell the story but my baby isn't.

Had a hilux pull out of a sidestreet on me yesterday leaving me about 3 metres to try and avoid it, almost did but just clipped the back 1/4.

Resulting in this....

See less See more
#2 ·
Holy crap mate. Are you ok?

Is that blood I see on the photo?

#6 ·
Yeh I was lucky to come out of it as well as I have, very sore and banged up though. No broken bones or anything. Know I know how crash test dummies must feel the day after, I'll take a slide over hitting a solid object anyday.

Is a mixture of coolant and fork oil.

Yeh his insurance will cover it, he's even sent me texts asking how I am and to let him know how the healing is going. And was the first to admit fault so wont be issues with the insewerants co etc etc.

I'm off for another does of painkillers and rest up in bed with some bike racing vids.

#7 ·
Sorry about that. Sucks!

That "Daytona Blood" is as sacred as unicorn blood. Too bad it is wasted on the road and not the inside of the bike. Looks like she bled out. Poor baby... :tears:

#10 ·
Mate i know you were having some trouble with your back - i can imagine the last thing you needed was to be banged up like that.

Hope your recovering well and back up the ol road soon.

#11 ·
Mate i know you were having some trouble with your back - i can imagine the last thing you needed was to be banged up like that.

Hope your recovering well and back up the ol road soon.
yeh surprissingly, and it comes down to going into the fetal position as I came off, back and neck aren't to bad (I have to live with collapsed vertabrae c3 - c7)

Elbow protector in the jacket is smashed and right sleeve torn up, hips the size of a xmas roast and the inside of my right ankle is swallon and grazed from the rearseats. Bodies starting to stiffen up now though so a few days of taking it easy and I'll be back to my normal banged up and broken self, justy with another scar or two and another story to tell at the pub.

#21 ·
Dang that sucks! Glad you are alright.

I've never seen a bike with the forks snapped off that wasn't COMPLETELY totalled. Almost looks like you kept it upright?
yep, but I only just. Wasn't enough time space to go into a slide.

Oh and the vehicle that pulled out on me is the one in the corner of the middle pic. I think I may have hit the rear tyre, police say it was the rear bar so I ALMOST got in behind hiim. I was about in line with where his ute is when he pulled across from the sidestreet.

#20 ·
Hilux's are the most indestructible truck ever, well, the older models. They are probably most like the tacoma here in the states.

Sorry to hear about your off man, hope you heal well.

#22 ·
Keep strong, live and learn :thumbup:

Good thing he didn't weasel his way out of this, I hope he learned a lesson, too.

#23 ·
Are you going to get another one?

TrooperLu's have great discounts on the '12 models.

I am really bummed about this.

#24 ·
Not sure, will see what the buy back is, on the assumption it'll be written off. I'd like to buy it back and rebuild it for bears racing. Always been a trumpy boy so hard to move away from the brand after coming back, might get a tiger possibly a thru ton, even eyed off the mv 675.

A mate of mine is at Lu's so I'll get looked after there that I know.

#25 ·
I will get a Tiger for street riding and track my Daytona when I leave for the Air Force.

#28 ·
Glad to hear your ok, and your probably 1 of a hand full of people that had the person who caused the accident accept fault and even check up on you to see how your doing. Hopefully you get a nice replacement and can buy back the blue beauty.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.