Triumph 675 Forums banner

Won't Start (But who cares it winter, and time for storage!)

726 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Disrupt 
#1 ·
Noticed a couple days ago when I was leaving to go to work the bike would turn but would not start. I tried a few time and made sure it wasn't anything stupid. I then slightly turned the throttle and tried to start it and it came to life with a vengeance. Same thing happened when I was leaving work and gave it a little throttle and it came to life.

The next day I try it all again, but now it gives me just one click. The dash stays lit, there is no flickering or dimming. This is different from before I changed my dying R/R, the bike would click but the dash would reset, dim, and eventually not even turn over. Tried it a few times and gave up.

I have a ballistic evo2 8 cell battery and have heard that in cold weather they can be a pain to start, however the weather hasn't changed much and I had the bike sitting for 3 weeks prior and it started up perfectly. I also have a Ricks mosfet R/R and have had no issues with it what so ever. I am purchasing a LiFePO4 balance charger and will be checking the battery this weekend to narrow down the problem by process of elimination, but has anyone had a similar issue? or can point me in the right direction to a solution? It would be greatly appreciated:thumbup::notworthy::bowdown:.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.