Triumph 675 Forums banner

Mad Max retires from WSBK

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Neanderthal 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I was never much of a Biaggi fan. He has had quite the career though. Even though I think he finally matured and really came in to his own at aprilla. I still couldnt help but root against him. Especially last season when Tom sykes came so close to beating him at the end of the season. Maybe with Biaggi out of the way kawasaki and Sykes can rise to the top. In any case im sure Biaggi will retire comfortably and at least he went on top. Good article torchsport.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com App

#3 ·
Like Duc Hunter, I've never been a fan of the man.

I admire his skills and acknowledge his achievements, but he's never stood as an example of good character in my eyes.

He had a big mouth and a lot to say about how Rossi was just a kid who wouldn't make an impression on 500's MotoGP when Rossi first started out. Rossi kicking his butt and going on to great things said a lot more than all Biaggi's talk.

In SBK he had nasty habits such as deliberately baulking other riders who were in the midst of setting qualifying laps, 'accidentally' getting in their way. That's nasty.

He slapped Marco Melandri. That's really poor form.

He routinely snubbed other riders and interviewers. If you don't want to talk, then politely decline. Don't just turn away without a word. Rude.

Bye bye Max! Hopefully upcoming SBK stars will have not just riding talent, but a sporting attitude and some dignity to go along with it.

O.B

#5 ·
Couldn't agree more. Good riddance.

#4 ·
Good thing he went on a high.

Love him or hate him, love to hate him, he wouldn't let many indifferent. He's the one who shook Doohan's supremacy, and Rossi repaid him with cowardly war off the track he was never equipped to deal with.

Over the years I've learned to appreciate the fact he's very human, and that's what made him fragile against his best enemy.

So long, Max, hope we see you again from time to time :grouphug2:

(And hope Guinters makes you bike shine a bit, too, hehe...)

#6 ·
Blue what you posted is funny because after I made my post my wife asked. Why dont you like Max Biaggi? I explained all that stuff to her and she says. Wow what a dick. I guess hes just not that likeable. Also you forgot. Hes a cry baby.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com App

#8 ·
And that crooked ass finger of his!!! Everytime they did the post race interview with him and that finger would show...makes me cringe.

Honestly not a big fan of Max but you can't deny that he was a great rider. I was really not aware of the hatred he had towards Rossi until I read Rossi's book two years ago. As a person, like Jstu said good riddance. As a racer for the sport...hate to see him go but at least on top!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.