Triumph 675 Forums banner

Charity Raffle - 2011 Triumph Daytona 675, 2,500 miles!

36K views 129 replies 36 participants last post by  jbot 
#1 · (Edited)
The raffle is over. Thanks to everyone who participated. I can't say enough about the support that came from this forum, you guys are the best.

Congratulations to Sean Heller of Euclid, OH who was the winner of the bike. I'll be signing the title over and delivering the bike this weekend, now all he has to do is wait all winter long to ride it. :laugh:

#73 ·
I have no doubts. You've seemed pretty stand up and straight forward on the whole thing. It's one of those things that you aren't planning on winning, it would just be icing on the cake. :thumbup:

Out of curiosity, do you have an estimate of how many fellow 675ers got in?

#84 ·
I am trying to do a webcast, but at this point it's not looking to promising. I don't have any kind of video camera besides my cell phone, and I've never done anything like that before.

Google is only being semi-helpful. Maybe I need to pay one of those web-cam girls to come help me set it up?

#86 ·
I am trying to do a webcast, but at this point it's not looking to promising. I don't have any kind of video camera besides my cell phone, and I've never done anything like that before.

Google is only being semi-helpful. Maybe I need to pay one of those web-cam girls to come help me set it up?
If you have an iPhone or Android phone you can a justin.tv app to broadcast live.

#90 ·
OK, that app is a fail. Installed it, hit the red button to record. Told me I needed to create an account. Filled out all the needed info, and it just pops up a box that says "Account not created!" with no other info. According to reviews, the app is no longer under active development and not supported any longer.

Any other apps you guys know of?

#91 ·
If you have a buddy with an iPhone I know that it works on that as of like two weeks ago. Also you could try creating an account on their site then logging in on your phone instead of creating the account on the phone? Sorry it didn't work out!

#92 ·
I'll see if I can make an account on the site and give that a shot. If not my gf has an iphone so I'll try it on hers tonight.

How does this thing work anyway? I see the big red button that says "push this thing and you're gonna start broadcasting live video to justin.tv" but how the heck would you all see it?

#96 ·
Ok sitting down for dinner then I'm gonna test this justin.tv thing out to see if it works.

I hadn't thought about asking the dealership. There is a section on uShip about "charitable shipments" and I checked into that a little bit. Basically I would have to wait to see where the bike is going, then list it on their site.

#98 ·
Ok, Justin.tv failed again. I go to the page to see my channel, it shows I'm live but the video is blank.

Soo....I found another app that did work. ustream.

My channel is http://www.ustream.tv/channel/trmn8tr. The only variable left is that I don't know what kind of signal I'm going to get at the place. Hoping maybe they will have wifi. I'll try to post up and let you all know exactly what time I'm going to do the drawing. It will be at 6:30-7.

#102 ·
I'd like to get in on this. Shoot me a PM with info. I could pay with PayPal Friday morning.
How do I know this is legit? (Not to offend)
None taken. This is the best I can offer for everyone to assure this is being done legit/fairly:

I'm doing the drawing in a public place, Paninis in Euclid, OH. (local bar/grill) Anyone is welcome to come and watch first hand.

Obviously those of you out-of-state or even in-state but far away can't come so I am filming it, and attempting to broadcast it live. As long as there is decent 3G coverage or wi-fi at the place, you should be able to tune in to http://www.ustream.tv/channel/trmn8tr tomorrow around 6:30-7 and watch the drawing take place. Worst case scenario is that it doesn't work live, and I'll run half a mile down the road to my work and upload it there 5 minutes after it happened.

I am having either one of the bartenders/waitresses pull the winning ticket, or possibly some hot chick that works down the road and she didn't buy a ticket.

If you'd like, I can send you a picture of your filled out ticket with your info on it. I know it's way too late to send you a ticket stub or anything like that.

I don't think I personally know anyone on this forum, but you can all go check out the thread at OhioRiders.net where I'm good friends with several members who would and did vouch for me in that thread. http://www.ohioriders.net/showthread.php?t=98260

Ummm...I'm not SUPER active but I've been a member of this forum for a long time and have bought and sold tons of stuff on the site. I don't want to ruin my reputation here.

And last but not least, I'm a ginger. We are a very trustworthy breed. :laugh:

#105 ·
Hard to say exactly because they didn't all get filled out in order. I had given some to my buddy at work to sell to people in my old department. My last count a few minutes ago was that there was like 19 tickets left based on him telling me he sold 12 of the 20 tickets I gave him.

I've got 4-5 more online people that PM'd me for info, but haven't got paid yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.