Triumph 675 Forums banner

Getting a RSR triple clamp... What's the stock offset on 675r?

7K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  RidersDiscount 
#1 ·
So I ended up ordering RSR's triple clamp with 32mm offset. I have talked to them on the phone and they told me that the stock 675r runs 37.5mm Is that a correct number? (I think it's different from older models... triple clamp position itself is different)

When I told them that I ride on NJMP they suggested 30mm, which is the only other size they make... Interestingly enough you can't go less than 30mm without running into the radiator :rofl2:

On the side note, I also got a linear rear linkage and getting my rear suspension re-valved... Tankslapper on fast sweeping left hander before the bridge on Thunderbolt was no fun...

#2 ·
I believe stock is 35mm. 26mm is the std that people buy when getting the attack triples. I wasn't aware it hit the radiator though.. I'll need someone else to confirm that.. Good call on the link.. I'll be ordering one soon, but a different company will be making a cheaper option soon. Ask tj at riders this same question about the triples though.. He'll know

#4 ·
We used 26mm on our BMW however on the Triumph 28mm is the number that has worked best for us. We were given this number independently by two different suspension "guru's" in the AMA paddock. One carries a very large Thermos and the other stripped the bike down and measured geometry with and without springs. After he ran the numbers he told us to start with 28mm.

We had no issues with the radiator at a 28mm offset, however if you do run back to 25mm things get VERY close.

#3 ·
I ride and race mostly at NJMP too. I have the white 675 with 2 offset red stripes and am from NYC. Maybe we have met?

I am looking to do the triples and the link this winter.

Keep seeing posts up some 'secret' triples that are coming out and this is the first I am hearing about the link. Very interested.

Need to be sub 1:30 at TBolt next season.

Tks,
Tony

#7 ·
I ride and race mostly at NJMP too. I have the white 675 with 2 offset red stripes and am from NYC. Maybe we have met?

I am looking to do the triples and the link this winter.

Keep seeing posts up some 'secret' triples that are coming out and this is the first I am hearing about the link. Very interested.

Need to be sub 1:30 at TBolt next season.

Tks,
Tony
We may have :) again there are abouta dozen of 675s at njmp all the time.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Motorcycle.com Free App

#6 ·
So I am pretty sure pre2009 daytonas have different triple. Older daytonas had front chatter problem that, hence people running triple flush with forks (my friend has that setup on 675... you should be able to find this issue/ fix all over the web)

Also I want to mention that rsr's triple is exclusive to r model. Ronnie at rsr told me that their triple is more "flexible" than attack. They ran attack triple themselves and had trouble with front end feels (attack triple is solid and big chunk of metal)

Also for the rear linkage, you would need revalving and respring to accommodate new linear travel.

On the other note, do any of you guys know whether or not front spring is linear or progressive for 675r? I could not find any information on that

#9 ·
Also I want to mention that rsr's triple is exclusive to r model. Ronnie at rsr told me that their triple is more "flexible" than attack. They ran attack triple themselves and had trouble with front end feels (attack triple is solid and big chunk of metal)

You are correct that the "R" does use a different lower clamp.

Ronnie is doing great work, but I would hardly call the Attack's clamps a "chunk" of metal though. They may look solid from the top, but if you look under the clamps you will see what he has done to make sure the correct amount of flex is there.

Here is the bottom view of the upper clamp:

Here is the bottom view on the lower clamp:

Also notice the machine work on the top side of the lower clamp:

#17 ·
I can give Richard a call and ask. I would guess that it is to stay within the fine line of having flex, but also having strength in the product.

You want some side flex (east/west) however you want to make sure that you have strength front to back (north/south) for when you are braking.

#15 ·
The Attack tripples are also solid. My guess is for reliability. They seem beefier and a bit lighter than the stock unit.

I can't speak for the RSR tripples, but the Attack unit comes with really nice bolts/hardware. Plus, I didn't have to send in my stock unit, so the price was much lower.

TJ gives forum members a really good price on Attack parts.

Attack is also very easy to contact if you have questions. It's a small company, so it's very easy to speak to someone who really knows the parts. Very happy with their quality and service.

#19 ·
The Attack clamps for the 675 have a baseline offset of 30mm. You will notice on the clamps above a #2 stamped on the bottom of the offset. With these same offsets you can go with either a 32mm offset or a 28mm offset by flipping them front to back. (Always make sure that they are the same top and bottom though). Also on the clamps above you will see the thicker portion off the offset toward the back (gas tank side) which makes this set up a 28mm.

Hope that answers your question.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.