Triumph 675 Forums banner

cruiser gets plowed by corvette at deals gap

18K views 21 replies 16 participants last post by  Smoke 
#1 ·
#8 ·
After effect, not my words, posted from Supermotojunkie.com...............a cruiser crossed the yellow and nailed a corvette dropping fluids everywhere. Jeff hit them and crashed. from what I've read he's in pretty bad shape. read more here.

Not quite the Deal's Gap GP..... - 13x Forums

"That is deals gap and because of that wreck a great friend.of mine jeff duckworth is in icu. The fluids from that wreck caused him to lowside and go off side.of mountain. Jeff broke his neck, back, lacerated liver, failed kidneys, knocked 4 teeth out and sliced his lip. He has major skull factures. He will have.reconstruction surgery later."

be safe guys.​

#13 ·
After effect, not my words, posted from Supermotojunkie.com...............a cruiser crossed the yellow and nailed a corvette dropping fluids everywhere. Jeff hit them and crashed. from what I've read he's in pretty bad shape. read more here.

Not quite the Deal's Gap GP..... - 13x Forums

"That is deals gap and because of that wreck a great friend.of mine jeff duckworth is in icu. The fluids from that wreck caused him to lowside and go off side.of mountain. Jeff broke his neck, back, lacerated liver, failed kidneys, knocked 4 teeth out and sliced his lip. He has major skull factures. He will have.reconstruction surgery later."

be safe guys.​
Damn wtf. That sucks big time. That's one of those unknown variables I hate to think about when I used to ride the mountains. Oil and other junk on the road that you just don't know about. I think it really held me back from opening up the throttle like some of the other guys I rode with did.

Now I'm on the track, and haven't looked back.

Best wishes to both these riders.

#10 · (Edited)
It had to be done... :whistle:

So it turns out that the guy who crashed afterward and broke his neck, back, etc... crashed there last year as well when his rear wheel broke loose and he crashed into a parked car. Had to be life-flighted out then too. I had to read through the thread to make sure his buddy wasn't just misremembering accidents or something, but I guess he wasn't because:

#1 "That is deals gap and because of that wreck a great friend.of mine jeff duckworth is in icu. The fluids from that wreck caused him to lowside and go off side.of mountain. Jeff broke his neck, back, lacerated liver, failed kidneys, knocked 4 teeth out and sliced his lip. He has major skull factures. He will have.reconstruction surgery later."

#2 "Damn.

Same fella as here?

Did he crash twice there in two years?"

#1 "Ya that was on a motard."

I do hope he's ok and don't want to put any bad karma out there, but who wants to lay down odds that he will be back there next year and try to beat the Dragon again? :duh:

#12 ·
Let me get this straight...someone is was (or is) in icu because this dipshit wanted to look cool?? thats fucked up! is there no cure for stupidity?
Pretty much. And for the second time from the same road in two years.

#15 ·
You can tell by looking at the pics that he fixated on the car and stood the bike up. He would have been fine if he looked through the turn and kept the lean.

#18 ·
You can tell by looking at the pics that he fixated on the car and stood the bike up. He would have been fine if he looked through the turn and kept the lean.
That's what I'm seeing. He's in a good lean, looked to the left at the vet, and the bike became more upright the further he went across the line. Upon impact, the bike was completly verticle, and traveling in a straight line. One of the first things I learned when I started riding in 1959. The bike tends to go where you are looking. If it appears that you are going to hit an object, don't look at the object. Instead, focus on where you want the bike to go to avoid hitting the object.

#22 ·
Riding is like TV, don't watch it if you don't like it :coolgleamA:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.