Triumph 675 Forums banner

GB: Impact Safe-T Armor *CUSTOM* Chest & Back Protector - Made in USA

36K views 137 replies 24 participants last post by  TriumphChris675 
#1 · (Edited)
I swore I'd never do another custom group buy...but here we go again...

So the ladies of 675, brought up a thread on chest protectors. I actively ride track and don't wear one, but some swore by them. Even though I believe, any armor is better than no armor, I mainly don't wear one because of the pitiful selection we have available to females. Men's versions won't work (like I do with my suit). A couple ladies brought up Impact Safe-T Armor because they were Custom Made per rider. I didn't think much about it, but that weekend I ran into Ken Condon of Tony's Track Days in our A/C classroom @ NJMP. Their distinct design and sewn on patches, I instantly knew it was Safe-T and asked if I could check it out. The instant I felt it, I was impressed. Definitely the quality, sturdiness I look for, not too thick either. SOLD! I hate plastic pieces all over (I returned my Knox back because of this. It was held on by screws pointed into the spinal area, IMO that may cause more damage) Figured with the 675 ladies bringing it up and many of my track friends not wearing chest protection, I'd hit them up and ask if they'd do a group buy for us! YAY they agreed!

Worn by Colin Edwards & Nicky Hayden of MotoGP, Elena Myers & Josh Hayes of AMA! These are CUSTOM MADE to your body, shape, size! CE-2 RATED!

Deadline: Let's shoot for end Sept 15 for now.

Products: All are available for our GB! Chest, Back, Supermoto protectors, etc - Visit www.impactarmor.com to select which model is for you!

CHECK OUT THE PICS - http://s1270.photobucket.com/albums/jj620/michshiftt/

Few Retail Pricepoints (NOT OUR GB PRICE!):

Mens Chest Standard - $95
Men's Chest w/ Ab Wing - $125
Women's Chest - $125

Turn around time: 4 weeks pending active communication with buyer for completion of their fit templates, etc.

Personal Logo/Design: Option for T675.net old/new logo AND/or own personal logo - Also Color combo choices (more info to come on this)

Private Group Buy Pricing: pls PM me! UPDATE: First 20 Orders are XX% off Retail. Any Orders AFTER the 20th is a LOWER discount (cost more). I've structured it this way to enforce a sense of urgency in everyone. These are custom, and require template work and design approval, need everyone to be responsive to Impact Armor as it may affect other member's orders.

Shipping: Impact Armor will ship directly to buyers! Already discounted shipping - $10 for Chest, $12 for Back, $15 for both! Any NJMP/NYC Area members - we can ship them all to me to split the costs, and we can arrange pick up.

Payment: Paypal me, and I'll send Impact Armor our full GB payment

Who's In? (paid in Red)
1) umicheng - Women's Chest (pick up)
2) eastwind - Women's Chest (pick up)
3) jtnyc - Back (pick up)
4) stamford - Men's Standard Chest (pick up)
5) sittingturbo - Men's Standard Chest (GA)
6) RNYC - Chest w/ Ab (pick up)
7) louie3 - Standard Chest (ship)
8) Hokie - Chest (pick up) - ?
9) frayed - Standard Chest - pickup VIR
10) chicknfeed - Chest - (Australia)
11) Knolly - Ab Wing Chest & Colin edwards Back - ship IL
12) jp129 - Standard Chest - ship TX
13) harshjudgement - Standard Chest & Short Tail Back - pick up
14) nyc675 - Standard Chest (maybe back) - pick up
15) tooblekain - Chest with Ab & Colin Back - Ship to CA
16) toxidomask - Standard Chest - Ship
17)
18)
19)
20)

This message is pre-approved by John, joisey mod!

WHOOT gooo Triumph!

Attachments

See less See more
#100 ·
i got an email from mike like 3 days ago. its said my chest protector ships this week. hasnt showed up yet, but im guessing if it doesnt come later today or tomorrow it will probably show up early next week. monday or tuesday-ish.

#101 ·
I'm starting to get pretty annoyed by my inability to get a response or estimate. I cancelled my suit fitting again and continue to have no idea when this might be done. Sigh.

#105 ·
Mike called and left me a message Oct. 13th about needing to make adjustments based off the photo's and logo info we needed to discuss. I've called and left a couple messages but have never heard anything back. Just left another. Admittedly I haven't been pursuing this too hard since I have some other more pressing matters in life currently and my last trip to the track was early Sept.

#108 · (Edited)
Status Update from my phone call with Mike:

sittingturbo
louie3
jp129
chicknfeed
toxidomask
bushmaster

^Your complete armor has been finished and shipped to you. Mike is sending you pictures of them as well, so I suspect any day you'll be getting a package.

All others - Mike is either waiting for some piece of information from you, he will be finishing them all by end of next week

JTNYC
eastwind
nyc675
frayed
RNYC
Hokie
tooblekain + his GF
toddhart
Knolly

^^^I shouldn't be missing any one here...pls PM me if I am.

#112 ·
here's my order timeline:

- 10/18 order placed
- week of 10/21 template received
- 10/31 template pictures sent to Impact (dragged my feet a little since I've been pretty busy plus Superstorm Sandy knocked my power down for 72hrs)
- 11/8 finished product pictures and shipping confirmation email received from Mike

I must say, I've been very pleased with my interactions with Mike. Every email I've sent was responded to within 24hrs and we spoke on the phone for a few minutes early in the ordering process. I'm sorry and saddened that everyone else hasn't had a similar experience. I'll post up again when my chest protector arrives.

#113 ·
Wow, guess you got lucky or something. Here's mine.

8/27 - Order placed.
9/14 - Received templates.
9/17 - Sent my template photos.
10/13 - Received response about template mentioning they're adding a half inch to the back and asked for my logo.
10/13 - I sent my logo.
10/26 - I asked for a status update because I was hoping to be able to get measured for a new suit soon.

Still haven't heard back. I mean I'm all for people who need them to get them first but how the hell is a company this inconsistent with delivery times. As I've said before: If it's gonna take a few months, fine, but at least be up front about that.

Again, no hard feelings towards Michelle, I know she's trying hard for us but I'm guessing the company is just about as responsive towards her as it is to me.

#114 ·
As I've said before: If it's gonna take a few months, fine, but at least be up front about that.
100% agreed, it's extremely frustrating. I told him on Day one how sensitive I am to stick to quoted turn around times and make sure our members have a good sense of when product will arrive. Apparently that has zero weigh on these merchants. I always warn them how badly it affects their brand and reputation...but ...it seems no one cares!!!! >:O

Impact armor actually had our FULL orders on August 8th. It's been insanely too long.

Bushmaster - you just got EXTREMELY lucky. You threw your order in 2 months too late, and as he was catching up, he just added yours into the pile. so feel blessed :nod:

Thanks everyone for their patience. Atleast I still do believe the product is going to be amazing for everyone. High quality, durable, and very protective :thumbup: PLEASE let us know as orders start arriving for you!

#117 ·
Received mine on Friday. I had a Knox chest protector prior and this is thinner and more pliable. Dimensionally it's not much thinner but the difference in feeling is quite significant. Very very happy with the CP and now I am considering getting a BP as well. I do like my Forcefield Prosub-4, but it is quite thick.

#119 ·
Got mine in the mail today! :grouphug2:

cant wait to wear it Dec 1st at jennings. ill try it on under my suit later and sit on the bike with it, see how it feels. Looks good though :thumbup:

THANK YOU MICHELLE! AGAIN.

#127 ·
Finally got mine on Saturday. Here's my final timeline:

8/27 - Order placed.
9/14 - Received templates.
9/17 - Sent my template photos.
10/13 - Received response about template mentioning they're adding a half inch to the back and asked for my logo.
10/13 - I sent my logo.
10/26 - I asked for a status update because I was hoping to be able to get measured for a new suit soon. No response.
11/26 - Asked again for an update. Received response saying it'd be done that week.
12/2 - Asked to just cancel order if production hasn't begun. Received response that logo has been mocked up and internal components would be done in a few days. I replied to clarify if they had actually started production as I just wanted to cancel my order and was fine if I had to pay for labor thus far but was told it was too late and production was underway.
12/9 - Received photos of internal components.
12/10 - Received photos of finished protectors.
12/15 - Received final product in the mail.

Fun fact: Was the worst packaging job I have ever received. One of the large box flaps wasn't taped and you could just open it up to see the protectors. Luckily the packing tape caught on the plastic around the protectors so they didn't go anywhere.

Anyhow they seem nice enough although I haven't had the chance to try them on with my suit. Definitely would not have ordered if I knew what I was getting into though. As I've said time and time again: I know these things can take time and I'm fine with that as long as the company is up front about it. That was not the case here.

#129 ·
Sorry for the late update...

Got mine a few weeks ago (around Thanksgiving weekend)

Finally had a chance to wear my suit and armor around the house. Fit is spot on. Once it does warm up it definitely is more pliable.

I will post up again once I actually field test it out on the track.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.