Triumph 675 Forums banner

Bert's Mega Mall, Covina, is now a Triumph dealership

3K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  TheEssence 
#1 ·
Not exactly sure how I feel about that...

#2 ·
I've always liked that place just to stop in and burn some time. The only thing I don't like about it is that customer service has got to be minimal just because the place is so huge. I don't mean that it would be bad, just not as attentive as a smaller local place.

I might buy a bike or gear from there if it was cheaper but I wouldn't have them do any servicing of any kind.

#4 ·
Thanks for chiming in. I share your sentiments... great to have another option BUT they won't be my first option. I have been there a million times to check stuff out, looking at bikes, gear, as well as parts, but I can't remember the last time I actually bought something there. As you guys mentioned, the place is so huge that you really don't get quality customer service (if any at all), and their prices aren't super competitive. Anyway, just thought I'd pass the news along to the local folks...

#13 ·
I bought my 675R there because they were the only ones in the area who still had an R left, but I can definitely tell you that they built no customer loyalty from me. I have not heard from a single person since I picked my bike up, despite the fact that I couldn't get the salesman to stop texting me during the whole process. The place is a typical big company that sells so many bikes they dont really need to focus on customer service. I understand why Triumph wanted to be in there, (to sell more bikes!) But triumph is doing damage to their reputation. I just hope when it comes time to buy my next bike a smaller dealer has one available because I would be willing to pay a little more for better customer experience.

#14 ·
DUDE! I was talking to one of the salesmen there when I was looking for an R as well. I ended up purchasing from LA Cyclesports/LA Triumph instead because they had one new in the crate.

So Cal Motorcycles in Brea would be my choice for service if it wasn't so far away. The service guy was extremely cool and very knowledgeable.

#16 ·
Well, I'm not saying I will change the tides from this comment, but I got my D675 from there and actually had a really good experience overall. The price was okay, and I was able to get another $900.00 off with negotiation and since I was paying in cash. I bought the bike at the beginning of last year. It was an '09 with 2,150 miles on it, and I got it for just under 8600. Sure, I had seen a few for some less from private parties here and there, but from a dealer with reg and everything taken care of, I was happy. The salesman worked with me, wasn't overbearing, let me take my time, and I got a follow up call a week later, and another about three months later asking about the bike.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.