Triumph 675 Forums banner

Which Tech Spec Tank Grips

6K views 26 replies 23 participants last post by  MemphisR32 
#1 ·
I'm going to buy some Tech Spec tank grips. Anyone have experience with the different materials - High Fusion, C3, Snake Skin? I'm leaning towards the High Fusion because it is the thinest, but I would appreciate any opinions.

#7 ·
Riding the bike only on the street? What type of pants are you wearing?

SnakeSkin (track/street use) Some people have complained about wear on their textile pants, however no issues on leather like you will see with StompGrip. SnakeSkin is similar to a dense rubber.

C3 (street use) These work best with textile pants and have more of a soft foam feel to them.

I have not tried the High Fusion yet.

#10 ·
I have Snake Skin. No issue with my Dragon jeans on street use. Will be testing the leathers out this weekend but I see no problem there. Much better feel then the stomps as well

#20 ·
LOVE my C3! Soft but grippy. I don't wear leathers and only ride street. No complaints. I was torn between Snake skins and C3. Settled on C3 due to only street and jeans.
Which cut is that? I got some but they are not that nice cut that fills in the whole tank.

#17 ·
I have Snakeskin on one trackie and C3 on my other.

The C3 is far softer (its kinda cool actually) and i find the grip levels provided are actually pretty similar keeping in mind im using leathers. I have a feeling the snakeskin will last longer as they seem to be harder wearing and more or less indestructable. Having said that I havent really had the C3's long enough to report any degredation so far.

I also have Stomps on my road bike. They grip both textiles and leathers extremely well. Ive never experianced them ripping up my textiles (but im sure it doesnt do them much good!) but did notice they have given my leathers a very hard time. If you have softer style leathers or were fussy about the condition of your pants i would stick with Techspecs.

#18 ·
C3, Full Size.

I have ridden about 10,000kms with them and haven't noticed any wear and tear at all. Snakeskins would be fine too but I prefer the softer compound.

I'd imagine the snakeskins would feel similar to the stock handlebar grips.

#19 ·
I'll give the full-size C3's a try this spring, as my Snakeskins are losing grip and moving. I've never been satisfied with the "Dave Moss" cut Snakeskins, @ 5'-9" tall, I don't think enough of my legs touch the smaller cut to do much good, I believe the regular cut would be a lot better.

Personally, I don't like the black grips against the Rhoulette Green tank, to me it sort of looks cheesy or something. But the clear Stomp Grips look like utter crap on the green, so not much choice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.