Triumph 675 Forums banner

Talk me out of selling/trading my Daytona 675 because...

7K views 52 replies 27 participants last post by  GoonerYoda 
#1 ·
...I want a Bonneville, T100, Scrambler or Thruxton. :laugh:

9 months into owning it, I already want something different.

#7 ·
you can get a regular bonneville with thruxton parts addon. looks like a thrux but sits like a bonnie.

Personally i have problems on longer rides because of a couple spinal fractures but i refuse to give up daytona

#8 ·
The Bonnie is a nice change of pace for a week-end ride…..but they are heavier, not really the best handling or power after coming from a 675.

Mine has $8k worth of upgrades with a 904cc kit, carbs, ignition, clutch, suspension, brakes, gearing, tire, rear sets, etc. and now it is fun to ride in the twisties.

I think that you will miss the Daytona....that said....it's yours for $8400

#11 ·
I have the Street Triple R, and a Sprint ST, and would love a Daytona R.
I would say if you can keep it an add the Thruxton.....If you are like most, just riding the one style bike all the time is fine, but choices that's the ticket.

#13 ·
Was in your exact same boat three months ago. I bought a Daytona in December, rode it for seven months, and decided to hell with the aching back. It just wasn't fun to ride for more than 20 minutes.

I then picked up an 08 street triple with the low boy arrow exhaust. Brilliant. This is for all extents and purposes, a more comfy Daytona. It rocks for the commute, rocks for the country burn, and is totally adequate for a 400 mile trek. Can't say enough good things.

Another great bike: Tiger 800. Test rode the XC and holy shit, eye opening.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

#14 ·
If the 675 is killing your back so will the Thruxton. It's actually got a slightly more aggressive position...

Unless your looking at going retro, I would do the speed or street triple. I owned an 05 speed trip. BRILLIANT machine! I'm too much in love with my 675. The thing is just tits! Good luck!

#15 ·
what about swapping the bars from a striple? If its possible that would be way more comfortable and you keep the daytona. Cheaper too.

I know alot of people do that with the sv650s, the just swap the bars from the naked version

#18 ·
I have a 4k mile, last of the carbureted thruxtons made in England, not Asia. All new suspension (race tech front and Hagon rear), brakes, sliders, tires, jetting, Norman Hyde steering stabilizer, BC Predator exhaust, new pegs, fork brace, etc and I would part with it for $7,000. Five bikes is getting to be too many horses in the barn.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

Attachments

#28 ·
I have a 4k mile, last of the carbureted thruxtons made in England, not Asia. All new suspension (race tech front and Hagon rear), brakes, sliders, tires, jetting, Norman Hyde steering stabilizer, BC Predator exhaust, new pegs, fork brace, etc and I would part with it for $7,000. Five bikes is getting to be too many horses in the barn.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app
Whoah, what year did they start making them in Asia? any other Triumph bikes made there?

#20 ·
Get your back looked at by someone who knows his shit ;)

I don't see myself giving up the Daytona for a Bonnie until I have a foot in the grave, perhaps that's your case. Loved the Bonnie, but totally not what I want to ride while I still can.

#25 ·
I had made up my mind to get a Street Triple instead of another Daytona. Then I got back on my Daytona and realised that there is no other bike for me at the moment, and got a new Daytona.

I guess all these other bike are like women. Nice to look at but at the end of the day sometimes the idea is better than the reality! Still if you change bikes often, why not give it a go!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Motorcycle.com Free App

#31 ·
I had made up my mind to get a Street Triple instead of another Daytona. Then I got back on my Daytona and realised that there is no other bike for me at the moment, and got a new Daytona.
I am in this exact position. I originally wanted a Triple for the upright ergos, bought a Daytona because it was the only used sports Triumph which came up locally, regretted it due to riding position, listed it for sale, test rode other bikes and decided the grass wasn't all that greener and now actually love the ergos. Now I want a 675R!

Don't get me wrong - I'd like a Bonneville, Street / Speed Triple and a Thruxton too but I'll always have a Daytona in the stable.

#27 ·
Yes... if you're slow and never ride in the rain :whistle:

Putting Techspecs, maintaining a good posture and adjusting the angle of the clip-ons makes wonders.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.