Triumph 675 Forums banner

Considering a 675

5K views 53 replies 18 participants last post by  GoonerYoda 
#1 ·
Hello forum

I'm new to 675s although not new to bikes. I currently own a Yamaha r6(r), but I've always been fascinated with the 675 ever since I sat on one at the bike show some years back. I am considering picking a used one.

I understand that a 675 Is more labor intensive, I typically do all the basics myself like oil change and chain clean/tightening.

Are there any particular years to stay away from? Anyone go from a r6 to 675?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#30 ·
These engines are pretty easy to work on. I am about to do my 12K valve check and adjustment next week.
Not worried about it at all. Read both the factory and Haynes manuals. Very straight forward service.

I spent about $300-350 on items needed for the service.
Oil, Engine assembly lube, various gaskets and o-rings, spark plugs, spark plug socket, feeler gauges, micrometer, cable luber, cable lube, shim kit from HotCams, and an OBDII cable.

Next time I need to do the service, I will already have all the necessary stuff. So it is a good investment in my eyes.

#32 ·
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Looked at this today. This is the good side. 2009, 5,000 miles. Downed hard on right side: tail, right upper lower tail bar end grip mirror blinker brake lever all have to go. Bike is all stock. Dead battery but I test rode it After we jumper it.

Sorry for punctuation fail, what's this worth? What do you guys think?

#34 ·
How much are they asking? Is this going to be a trade for the r6 or are you going to sell it? Most of the parts you mentioned can be had for pretty cheap thanks to all the track junkies and wrecks. What are your plans street or track?

#36 ·
Since its an 09, and it dosent look like to much work cause you are considering it. So probably 4-5k. I got my 07 track bike for $3k with 6k miles. It was in a low side and had a bunch of goodies. I turned it back to street use so I probably added another 1k to it (Fairing, paint, slipon, etc). Sorry I cant provide more insight.

#41 ·
I rode one on Saturday, look a few posts up. Bike was ok, very skinny compared to the six although the remaining geometry of a seat position was along the same lines. I didn't go far just around the parking lot so the current owner doesn't get nervous. The triple makes quite a rumble - I liked that a lot. I like the bike a lot but maybe the squid in me keeps saying it ain't a liter breh, it even looks like the six lol. So as much as I like I'm not sure that I'm fully sold on it yet. I want something new, and I thought the 675 was it.

#49 ·
Lol. The r6 is extremely uncomfortable, I mean painfully so. The low end is virtually non existent although the top end seems to be never ending it just keeps screaming. I rode the Daytona and it was maybe a tiny bit better, it's no fz6 (even an r1 seems better suited for long rides) by any means. I still love the r6 its hard to explain, but once you own one you get used to it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.