Triumph 675 Forums banner

California Insurance?

4K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  aerozeta 
#1 ·
I'm trying to change my insurance over from Mass to Cali and the two quotes I have gotten are insane. Who do you Cali riders use?

Quick note, I guess this matters here, but I don't own a car, this is my main mode of transportation

#3 ·
insurance here can be cheap or expensive depending upon what coverage you want, what bike you own, and what your driving record is. You are required at least liability which you should be able to get for a few hundred a year (possibly less). If you want collision and comprehensive and uninsured motorist with high limits,then you could be looking at closer to a grand (roughly +/-). Everybody and every company is different so I suggest you shop around. Its weird, but some people are quoted 30-40% more then other people for the same coverage for whatever reason.

If you fell you are being quoted too much, post up here what companies you have tried and see if others have tried others that you can get a quote from.

#4 ·
I have clean record, no tickets, no crashes, I'm 26 and I dont think I had too crazy of coverages and the quote from geico was 2600/yr!!! Progressive was like 1800 and Liberty Mutal was 1400 or 1100 with a 1000 deductible. I still feel thats insane. In Mass I had 250 deductibles and its 450 a year

#6 ·
Word, sf is your friend for ins. I have full coverage, 500 deductible, and I pay a couple hundred (460 I think) a year. 27, clean record. Helps to have multiple policies too, my car and renters are also with state farm.

#8 ·
All my bikes, cars and house are with State Farm and have been for ages. They insured my bikes back when other companies wouldn't. Since I'm willing and can afford to repair or replace my bikes and cars should they get damaged, I just carry maximum liability, and it is dirt cheap. Of course, it helps to be an old guy.

#9 ·
Awesome thanks guys, calling State Farm today. One more question, if I go to the DMV on Monday can I register the bike with my out of state insurance until I can switch it over? When I talked to Liberty Mutual (my current insurance) she said I had 30 days from registering to switch. I know in MA you need valid state insurance the day you go to the DMV.

#10 ·
I believe you have 30 days from your move to get your registration switched over. Not sure if you can register with out of state insurance or not :noclue:
Also your age and where you live will also affect your insurance quote. Like I stated earlier, just shop around until you find a company that doesn't rape you.

#18 ·
I'm 24 and I pay $55 a month with state farm, full coverage with $500 deductible. That includes collision and towing...I cant wait till I hit 25 and my insurance drops below $30 a month. My rates might have to do with that I also have 3 other vehicles insured with them as well along with my house.

#20 ·
For some reason when I got my quote from Progressive it was really high as well. That's a pretty good deal you got there with AAA!

#22 ·
Geico had never given me a quote worth considering in my life for my cars. When I got my bike a month ago, I was pleasantly surprised by their quote. $300/year, includes everything, $250 deductible.

Must be my age (I am 37). I don't have anything else with them. Needless to say, I bought the policy. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.