Triumph 675 Forums banner

I want to ride so bad!

2K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  saumo 
#1 ·
I'm in the shop working out the kinks on the old girl, and I want to mock her up and run off so bad. It's too early to have the "fever"...

Anyone else going mad yet?

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive fuel system

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

See less See more
#2 ·
There is seriously only one good thing about living in the desert... I'm still riding, and plan to through the winter. It's my first year out here and it really is the only thing I like about being out here... There's something about riding in 70° weather in December. I definitely know what you're going through as I moved from Maine. The urge to ride when the weather won't let you is overbearing. May the warm weather come quickly wherever you may be!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

#5 ·
I get to ride tomorrow...to the shop to have the RR recall work done. But hey, at least they're doing it for free after I'd already replaced it on my own with a CBR RR.

#9 ·
My problem is not so much the cold here in nj but the daylight. It gets dark to early. By the time I get home the sun is down and every cager is on the road trying to get home during rush hour. Its not even safe to leave my drive way. I will squeeze in a few weekend rides during the winter usually when the urge becomes to much to take.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com App

#15 ·
Shit son I rode to work tonight 31F not counting wind chill. Will be 26 ish in the morning, but hey thats what winter gear is for.

#16 ·
I don't have a street bike. I only ride on closed circuits, and none of my motorcycles are DOT.

When I was younger I would ride every day. I didn't have a car, so I would shovel the driveway to get to work in the winter. I grew up in Salt Lake City, Utah and I would even strap my snowboard to my back and race up the canyon to ride on my days off.

About five years ago I decided riding on the street was not fun anymore. Too many tickets, close calls, and slow ass drivers for me. Now I only ride the track and winter can be a bit tough.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.