Triumph 675 Forums banner

MOKANAR (mo-ok-kan-ar)

307K views 4K replies 54 participants last post by  Neanderthal 
#1 · (Edited)
MOKANAR (missouri-oklahoma-kansas-arkansas)

Thought I'd start a new thread, as not all of us are from KC. Be nice to have our own header! (hint hint mods)

How much rain you all getting? I have about 3.25" since Thursday night. Raining all day today as well.

#283 ·
lol... I'm seriously wondering why I bother to vote for a President when the election is always over before they even start counting our votes - here in Missouri. Been that way ever since I could remember, the "electorial" system renders Missouri, and most of the Midwest, useless, as far as the Presidential race is concerned.

#284 ·
I’m pretty much staying off public political discussion right now because I’m easily agitated and could break into a rant that could probably piss off someone else. I ‘unfriended’ 6 on Facebook last night and probably had as many do the same to me.
I Rode the bike to work today to put me in my happy place. I need to take the long way home….whatever that is.:lousyputer_smilie:

#285 ·
I'm pretty much staying off public political discussion right now because I'm easily agitated and could break into a rant that could probably piss off someone else. I 'unfriended' 6 on Facebook last night and probably had as many do the same to me.
I Rode the bike to work today to put me in my happy place. I need to take the long way home….whatever that is.:lousyputer_smilie:
lol... No worries - political discussion is a lot like religious discussion.

Would like to ride more, but these 30° mornings are brutal.

#290 ·
Really the best part of the event is just riding the roads around there. There are some GREAT roads in the area and not a lot of law enforcement. I've never been to the Dragon, but some at the Rat Raid who had been to the Dragon claim the Ozarks are a better overall riding area.
Neanderthal knows the area inside and out because he seems to take every other day as a vacation day to ride down there..:laugh: The rest of us can find our way around there pretty well and know where the better places to ride are.

The Rat Raid has some group rides offered but after this past year, I would avoid those, unless you just want to go on one huge ride with a bunch of triumphs, then stop to wait on an ambulance for awhile. It didn't used to be that way but the event gets bigger and you start having occasional riders trying to follow Valentino Rossi and stuff happens.

You may want to ride with different people or groups different days. Also may want to buy a map or real GPS. A cell phone based GPS won't load up the maps in many locations there.

It's cool to hang out in the parking lot in the evenings and check out some of the other Triumphs there ( and a few other makes scattered throughout)

#289 ·
Facebook in general is just stupid, people add you just because to have more people on their list. I got rid of mine a few weeks ago and my life hasnt changed.

As for politics, well I had a semi job offer come up yesterday for Romania which I may take, we will see, depends on the amount they offer me to move half way around the world haha.

#291 ·
Facebook in general is just stupid, people add you just because to have more people on their list. I got rid of mine a few weeks ago and my life hasnt changed.

As for politics, well I had a semi job offer come up yesterday for Romania which I may take, we will see, depends on the amount they offer me to move half way around the world haha.
I never joined Facebook, Myspace, Yourspace, Tweeter, Twatter, ect... Damn, I don't even know how to text on my phone, lol, which is an AT&T Go-Phone. Yep.... got a new phone last week, so I at least get reception in most of Arkansas. Life's complicated enough without having to know when your bud or some internet-acquaintance is on the pot growing a tail. :laugh:

#295 · (Edited)
Neanderthal>
Next year you might even get indoor plumbing. Good to see you are putting the new phone to use.

Attachments

• Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
    36.5 KB Views: 87
#297 ·
So much for some riding out here in Oregon...
Damn hailing & rain right now... Guess who ended bringing the horses in?!

70 for MO/AR this weekend, should be some perfect riding weather.

#299 · (Edited)
The horse whisperer :whistle:
I can picture you on a ZX6R drifting in a pasture rounding up horses, with a lasso, 10 gallon hat, and assless chaps.

Maybe thats a bit much. I don't see you wearing a hat.:str8pimp:

:beatdeadhorse5:<-------Get in the barn, bitch!

#298 ·
Sold my wifes car today (red one) to the first person that called. Wife wanted me to price it crazy high and I thought I would sit on it till spring. After 3 1/2 years and 33,000 miles we sold it for $700 less than we bought it for:thumbup:

Next up we're paying off our son's Civic SI and selling it for him (lost his job and needs to cash out his equity). This one will be harder to sell. Door dent, hail damage, smoker interior. I'm not sure how long my wife will tolerate driving a 6 speed with a semi-ricer exhaust.

Attachments

#301 ·
Sold my wifes car today (red one) to the first person that called. Wife wanted me to price it crazy high and I thought I would sit on it till spring. After 3 1/2 years and 33,000 miles we sold it for $700 less than we bought it for:thumbup:

Next up we're paying off our son's Civic SI and selling it for him (lost his job and needs to cash out his equity). This one will be harder to sell. Door dent, hail damage, smoker interior. I'm not sure how long my wife will tolerate driving a 6 speed with a semi-ricer exhaust.
Without seeing the car in person, it looks like a good "paintless dent repair" guy could fix that dent. I'm guessing it's worse than the photo shows?

#306 ·
Did anyone get out this past weekend?

ARDELL, looks like i will be passing on the new 636, finally checked out the one i had a deposit on & it is nice, but it just does nothing for me as a whole.:sad5:

#307 ·
Did anyone get out this past weekend?

ARDELL, looks like i will be passing on the new 636, finally checked out the one i had a deposit on & it is nice, but it just does nothing for me as a whole.:sad5:
Didn't get out, had to do some things around the house and it rained all day Sunday.

Not surprised to hear about the Kawi, you're spoiled. :laugh: Sell off all your extra goodies, the 1098 and get a Panagali.

#308 ·
I didn't ride either. I had stuff around the house to do Sat and Sunday it rained all day. I was off work today but I was helping my son look for a cheaper car to trade his down for.
Maybe I can ride next weekend

#310 ·
:grouphug2:

Well my 1st option for hitting the 2013 rat Raid hit a snag...
Looks like i need to find a partner to head down there with, being my wife could not even be tempted with spending time in KS with her best friend.

#315 ·
I just looked at that on google maps. You're looking at like 33 hours. Thats a MANS road trip. My best solo trip was 22 hours from West Palm Bch Fl to Norman OK, with just a 3 hour rest stop in Gainesville along the way.
You really ought to look for someone around there to go with.
You got doublen675 in Idaho, and MacBandit in Washington.

I still need to figure out trailer or truck or something. We're in the middle of car swapping and I think I'm going to be stuck with the Civic SI for awhile and the wife isn't inclined toward a truck for her, so if I don't sell the civic soon, I'll look for a trailer some more. At least I think I can borrow a tow vehicle now. Son bought a 99 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer with a 5.0 today.:tow:

#316 ·
JD _ I just realized you should win the farthest traveled award unless the Austrialian shows up again. Or maybe that just goes to who RODE the furthest to get there.

#318 ·
Really? I guess the 2 liter would carry enough power. The 6 speed is geared really low so I guess if the clutch could handle it......hmm. I need to look into this

#320 ·
Have seen plenty of these little cars pulling one bike on a trailer.

TOM you mentioned, the marathon drive/ride... lets put it this way i drove the 12 foot box truck from my MO address to OR in 36 hours! one 2 hour nap, 1 15 minute nap (no monster or redbull)... If the truck could do a bit over 75mph could of shaved another hour, and the ice & snow that was falling in the OR pass did not help. Problem with doing that is your spent for 2 days afterwards.

#326 ·
Quit making fun of my last set of tires - there were miles-of-smiles on 'em! :nod:
I still think putting me on the bike with that tire was some sort of a 'murder for hire' plot formulated by my wife. She was probably going to give you my STR after I died a horrible (but financially lucrative) death.
This was a story destined to be on Dateline NBC:whistle:

#324 ·
Hell man, just moved the Daytona into cleaning and pre-dyno position in the garage and incoverd the 1098, Talk about a HOLY F'in HOT BIKE!!!!!!

Forget how amazing this machine looks, especially after not seeing one for 3 months.

As for your tire, i will say you get your money's worth!

#328 ·
Yea it felt fine at the beginning. About 1/2 way between when we got on hwy 16 and when we got to the mooses (meece? Mooses? moosi? whatever) or herd of large animals with antlers......is when I first started noticing a change. I started feeling it bigtime in the downhill stretch on Hwy 21 north of 16. But all I was really feeling is that it was squared off.

Now I'm trying to figure out my own tire. I can either really limit my riding and use this one at the Rat Raid, or ride a lot and wear it out just before the rat raid and replace it.
I think I'm going to end up in the middle , with 9000 miles on the tire and it looking and feeling fine - go to the Rat Raid, and end up doing the same thing you did.
Maybe over Thanksgiving I can get out and ride a couple days and get some miles in.

#329 ·
That does kind of put you in no-mans land. I'd plan on replacing them at the first of April regardless, not worth the worry. Of course if you do end up trailering in, you could bring a new set along and hope that a local service station would change them for you. Better yet, purchase a Cycle Hill Tire machine and mount it to your trailer. :laugh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.