Triumph 675 Forums banner

Charity Raffle - 2011 Triumph Daytona 675, 2,500 miles!

36K views 129 replies 36 participants last post by  jbot 
#1 · (Edited)
The raffle is over. Thanks to everyone who participated. I can't say enough about the support that came from this forum, you guys are the best.

Congratulations to Sean Heller of Euclid, OH who was the winner of the bike. I'll be signing the title over and delivering the bike this weekend, now all he has to do is wait all winter long to ride it. :laugh:

#39 ·
An update on my brother...

He made it back from Utah to his home in Florida on Friday. He was able to take a commercial flight home, got him on a non-stop in first class. He said it was a little rough but he made it. He will continue therapy at a hospital in Florida but will be staying at home. His progress has been great and its looking very promising that he might walk again someday. It's been one month since the accident and the doctors said he is at where they hoped he would be after 3 months. Still no movement in his calves or feet, but his thighs are getting stronger and he is able to make small movements with them. Even if he doesn't regain any movement in the lower legs, the doctors said there are braces that would allow him to walk and stand with the muscles he can move. It will still take a lot of rehab, but it sounds promising.

Thanks again for everyones help and support!

#41 ·
Very good news. Stay strong for him.

#40 ·
God bless an wish him the best of luck.

#45 ·
Not a lot of time left, any updates on number of tickets left or anything?
Total sold is around 100. I've reached out to some friends and family who are helping to sell some tickets though, and have quite a few tickets I'm expecting payment for soon. But to use the old saying, I'm not counting my chickens before the eggs hatch.

I definitely need to sell more tickets than what the bike is worth or this whole thing is pointless, but if I don't sell all 200 I will pull a winner anyways. My goal is at least 150. If I don't get that many by the 28th, I may move the drawing back a week or 2 if there are no objections. It would be easier than refunding ~100+ people their money. Hopefully it won't have to come to that though.

#55 ·
Hey guys, yes I am up to 156 tickets now. I know I am WAY past the original date I was shooting for, but I'm gonna be setting a drawing date soon and will definitely keep the thread updated.

The general consensus from anyone that has replied here or elsewhere was to hold off and sell as many as I could, so that is what I did. I appreciate everyone being patient and hanging in there with me. It took much more time and effort to sell 200 tickets than what I thought it would. In the end I will likely fall a little short of 200 but still will be raising a ton of money for my brother, and it will be better odds for all of you that did get in!

I'm going to be finding a place to have the drawing at with as many witnesses as possible. Lots of co-workers and some members from ohioriders.com that bought tickets should be in attendance. As soon as I get it set up I will post up the date here.

#57 ·
OK guys, I'm getting close so I have finally set a date for the drawing.

Friday, December 7th around 7 PM I will be doing the drawing at Paninis in Euclid, OH. (A bar/grill near my work.)
I'm gonna have a pretty young lady pull the winning ticket for me, so I can film it for you guys and post it up here later. I'd love to show it live but I don't know how, and don't have much other than a cell phone camera to film it?

So if there's anyone on the fence and waiting till it got closer to the end to get a ticket, now is the time!

#70 ·
Hoping there is video so we know its official! :thumbup:
Yup, I don't want there to be any doubters.

I obviously have a lot of friends/family that bought tickets, and as much as I would like to see one of them win secretly I'm hoping it is a complete stranger that wins. Someone from here, or over at ohioriders.net where I've also sold a lot of tickets. I don't want anyone saying, ohhhh surrre his uncle/cousin/best friend won....

On another note, are any of you familiar with setting up a "Pod Cast" ????

My brother mentioned it to me as a way to broadcast the video live on the web. Never done it before though, I'll just google it and try to figure it out. No promises though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.