Triumph 675 Forums banner

BEST TRACKDAY PIC

553K views 3K replies 701 participants last post by  Rex_S 
#1 ·
didn't see a specific thread on trackday pics only. this would consolidate all pics on the subject. try to limit it to 1-2 photos and give a brief description.

track: mid-ohio (turn 5 w/ chicanes "keyhole")
bike: '99 triumph daytona 955i

See less See more
#1,805 ·
This is the fastest I looked at Morgan Park on Friday. My mate and I with Garry McCoy (won 3 500cc GP races in 2000 - as a privateer!). I'm instantly faster just by being that close to him.

For those young 'uns out there, this is what Garry 'Slide King' McCoy was best known for on the GP circuit. He's largely credited with pioneering the sliding style.

#1,809 ·
i was just watching him in the movie faster the other day lol. yes he is the king of slide for sure.

#1,811 ·
Challenge accepted. I'll even try to put the bow down on purpose without it being followed by my torso and ass. I've hit enough apex comes with my elbows to know I'm getting close.

#1,816 · (Edited)
Hey! These are a couple more pic's from my first track weekend with the 675R. These are taken at Little Talladega GP during an Advanced session with Sportbike Tracktime!

And thanks for the complements! That Garry McCoy pic is sweeet! Didn't he ride the Triumph in WSS?

I am running Michelin Power Slick's. The rear only lasted me 2 days but Tally is a little tough on the tires. I absolutely love these slicks, I honestly feel the sky is the limit when they are at there full grip levels. Very predictable when sliding too!

#1,826 ·
^^^^ Really like that second picture, very cool.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.