Triumph 675 Forums banner

Battery suggestion for D675.

2K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  jardineD675 
#1 ·
Just figured id take input on what battery I should buy for D675. Saw someone suggest Shorai. I don't have a clue.

Sent from my X10a using Motorcycle.com Free App

#4 ·
And one last question, 06-08, or 09+? My first suggestion is if you have a 06-08, find yourself an 09+ battery box and go with the bigger battery. It'll be a little heavier, but since you said you want it for long life and dependability vs. lightweight the bigger batter will surely help with that.

#8 ·
Just get a Shorai.

Nuno!
Yes Shorai. All the research I've done since I've been dealing with crappy batteries for a while now point me in the direction of Shorai. The CCAs is the key thing for me. The Yuasa puts out 55 or 60 CCAs where the Shorai is rated at 120 CCAs. To add, every military member that I know who owns a Shorai has been able to go down range and have their bike stored for 6-12 months and come back with the bike still able to turn over with no issues. You can also use the Battery Tender branded chargers to charge your Shorai.

Sent from my DROIDX using Motorcycle.com App

#9 ·
Ok thnks guys, picked mine up today. They come 70% charged out of the box (saved me time from chargen it up, allowed me to get moto to shop ahead of schedule), wrked perfect, bike started right up. Gosh couldn't resists jumpin on and riden up and down the street some, everything seemed in wrking order, bike wize.

#11 ·
O yah called shorai up and they suggested I should go with the LFX14A4-BS12, the CCA is 210. Wow and this battery sure is light. And everywhere I've looked I can only dins the standard version for mine. I have an alarm and Shorai recommends the duration battery but can't find one for my year bike.

What year is your bike? I know the dimensions change from 08 to 09 batteries. Still the same battery other than a few mm size.

Sent from my DROIDX using Motorcycle.com App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.