Triumph 675 Forums banner

Clutch roughness and strange sound

973 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Smoke 
#1 ·
I've searched but no luck on this little issue:

I went to take the D675 for a ride after it's been sitting for about 3 weeks, and it starts pretty easy, but after a couple minutes of warm up I hop on and immediately on moving the clutch lever I notice something not quite right.

When the clutch is pulled in, all sounds normal, but when it's released to friction point and from there all the way to it's outward position, there's a rough sound and a small but noticeable additional vibration. I'm hesitant to call it a "grinding" sensation because that seems a bit overstated.

Anyway I cautiously rode it for a while in the suburbs, and noted that when moving and in gear the roughness is there anytime the clutch is in the engaged position. At full operating temp, it's a bit more subtle.

I didn't notice this at all the last time I rode her, any ideas what could cause this while it's sitting? I changed the oil and filter only about 300kms ago with good quality Motul.

thx.

#3 ·
Strange sound.

Record it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.