Triumph 675 Forums banner

'12 d675R what year 150 throttle tube??

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  MacBandit 
#1 ·
Sorry if it's a repost my search function is not working >:O

I have a '12 Daytona 675R im looking to do 1050 throttle tube on it. im curious if they changed at all through the years? Any idea what years will fit?

Also i know it is a bit fatter? What grips will fit if?

Thanks!
Darrel

#3 ·
Related question: I was told that the 1050 tube wouldn't work with the 2012's revised throttle mapping, which makes no sense to me. Confirm/deny? The sales guy told me yes (he has an older Daytona), like three people at the parts counter told me no. It seems to me it would be the same as if I grabbed a whole bunch of throttle, just with less total movement.

Also, how much does this alter cable positioning/routing?

#6 ·
They made a big deal about the new throttle mapping in the press releases but didn't say a thing about the new maps they released for all the other bikes at the same time other then that they were for ethanol fuel. One of the details of the new maps though was that it contained the same throttle smoothing, rpm matching on down shift and other throttle related features that the 2012 models received.

The new completely new 2013 models however do have completely different throttle cams and mapping that will not be applied to older bikes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.