Triumph 675 Forums banner

Other bikes you own/ have owned

50K views 141 replies 110 participants last post by  SalaciousJames 
#1 ·
I'm curious to see what the other guys out there are comming off of!

I'll go first

2003 SV1000s recently sold :(

2007 gsxr750 sold

2000 vstar 1100

2004 FJR1300

See less See more
#34 ·
First bike I rode = 72 Hodaka Combat Wombat .... when I was 12 years old

First bike ... 1989 Honda NX250

Then .... 1992 Suzuki Bandit 400
( learned how to ride on this one ... up and down Tuna Canyon in Malibu .... before they made it one way)

Then .... 1995 Triumph Speed Triple

Then ... 2001 Triumph Speed Triple

Then .... 2006 Triumph 675 ( about 30,000 miles of commuting, thrashing, and racing on her now ... awesome )

Then .... Sold '01 SP3 ... got 2005 Yammi FJR1300

AND the wife's bike (which I ride most of the time now)
... 1989 Honda Hawk, Tweaked, Tuned, and Modified ... 73 whp ....

#37 ·
Learned on an 04 Monster 620. Just enough pep to be really fun and not get me into too much trouble. Came with a pre-dented tank and scuffed up sliders. Was 100% reliable for the two years I owned her. This god ray image has a nice nostalgic touch to it:)

Near the end of my ownership run I converted the Monster into a clip-oned cafe racer. It looked awesome, but I hated how uncomfortable it had become. She went back to stock and was sold a couple months later.

Meaning to buy something bigger/more practical/more comfy, I took a test ride on this 09 Daytona and was smitten. Speed!

After 7 months of ownership and a pathetically small amount of miles, I sold the Daytona and bought my current steed, a white 08 Street Triple. This bike is the absolute balls. She is a fast little minx and I am in love everytime I ride. In two months, I've ridden almost double the miles I put on the Daytona. All the power with amazing all day comfort. She absolutely rocks.

#38 ·
2007 Buell XB12... Loud as hell and enough torque to get into a whole lot of trouble in a hurry but a constant maintenance nightmare. ECM decided to die on I-75 @80mph and filled both cylinders with fuel, wheel bearings shit the bed after 3k miles, Ignition switch shorted out and I had to re-solder the connections, volt reg died 2 times in as many months. The list goes on and on. So I sold it and got the Striple :nod:

#46 ·
previous street legal bikes: 68 honda cl90 scrambler,75 goldwing, 84 honda cx500 turbo,90 cbr600, 91 vfr750, 92 cbr600, 98 gsxr 600, 01 sv650s, 03 volsuia 800, 05 DR650se, 06 daytona, 07DR650se.....then the 07 daytona i stil have.

off road bikes, 35-40

all in a matter of 13 years or so

#47 ·
First bike was a Hyosung GT250, had it for a year. Stock standard, with holes drilled through the pipe lol sounded like a sloppy fart. Dropped it countless times and high sided it once. Still sold it for the same amount as I bought it :cool2:

Second bike was a 2008 Husaberg FS650e, had it for about 18 months, really regret selling it. Had so much fun on it, backin it in, slidin it out, wheelies... One day I plan on having another big bore motard....:verysad:

Third, and current, bike is a 2008 Daytona. have had it since June last year. Haven't done much to it, other than a PCIII and a Competition Werkes slip on. I'm definitely keeping this one a while :thumbup:

Attachments

#52 ·
Will be adding this to the stable tomorrow......2007 KTM 950SMR Only 1500 miles and its like brand spanking new! This is gonna be fun. Now the hard part is deciding which one to take out on the weekends.....

Sent from my PC36100 using Motorcycle.com Free App

Attachments

#57 ·
My super squid '03 GSXR 600

1st after I got the bike in '07
2nd after winter project '09 - same bike (check out that BP! :laugh:)
3rd after winter project '09 - same bike
4th after winter project '09- same bike
5th current back in the summer.
6th check that bp. :whistle:

Attachments

#58 ·
My super squid '03 GSXR 600

1st after I got the bike in '07
2nd after winter project '09 - same bike (check out that BP! :laugh:)
3rd after winter project '09 - same bike
4th after winter project '09- same bike
5th current back in the summer.
6th check that bp. :whistle:
Eh. I typically hug the tank too. But I got short arms. I'm hoping a custom dish in my seat later this summer will help that out some and get me to be able to flatfoot the Daytona all the time instead of just when the center tread gets low.

#59 · (Edited)
My old gixxer.
Plenty of mods. 149rwhp measured.

Attachments

#63 ·
MY GIRLS...

My 1098, ZX-6R... just parted this 10R out this week. But hands down the 636 is the best bike i have in the stable for doing everything, then again nothing has been left untouched.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.