Triumph 675 Forums banner

Urgent!! Ugh wtf...

3K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  Slowpoke675 
#1 · (Edited)

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
At least it fell completely out. I think some folks have had problems with them becoming loose and them jamming up the steering mid-ride.

#7 ·
the stock one sure doesnt hurt anything. may not be as nice as some of the $500 ones but it isnt a total waste. just use this as an opportunity to justify getting a better one :thumbup:

#21 ·
I can't comment on the Triumph ones as I have a street triple which doesn't come with a damper. =(

HOWEVER, I remember some of the Gixxer guys used to pull out their stock dampers and refill the hydraulic fluid (or whatever is in there). From what I've heard, they weren't really filled all the way to the top, so just topping them off and clearing the air bubbles made it better. Again, not as good as the expensive aftermarket ones, but I heard it made a huge difference over NOT doing it. Might be something for you Daytona guys to try.

#9 ·
I don't know how you'd be able to prove the bike never came with a steering damper.....it probably won't be covered under warranty for "falling out"

Doesn't hurt to ask though

Not sure why you want the stock damper on there anyways - it really doesn't help at all.

#15 ·
Are you the original owner?

That frame boss is for the steering damper bracket. The bracket is held to the frame with two bolts and to the radiator bracket with one bolt. The steering damper is also held to the lower triple with a bolt. The Damper is held to the bracket with one bolts.

That's five bolts on the assembly, four of which hold it to the bike. Highly unlike that they fell out at the same time
Pic of bracket and damper.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.