Triumph 675 Forums banner

Where do you mount your GoPro or Contour?

2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  gondlesnorf 
#1 ·
If pictures, that'd be great.

Which do you prefer and where do you mount your cam?

#3 ·
All over the place.

Tank, tail, windscreen, side fairing, under the tail, helmet.

I even fabbed up a small metal mount that i attached to the swingarm and used the paddock stand bobbin to secure it.

Just get creative.

#4 ·
Tank, or lower fairing so it gets the front wheel, suspension and road speed nice and close up (with cruisy music it is nearly mesmerising), and same for pointing backwards. Can't get a setup for getting the shift lever and foot action in frame right though.

I've even recorded with my ipod before when my minicam died.

#5 ·
I used a suction cup mount on the tank, as far forward as I could. the camera actually ended up over the key. Need to find a new place though b/c there were numerous times I hit my head on it in full tuck.

Does anyone have any issues with removing adhesive mounts from the paint?

#6 ·
I've mounted mine on the front of the tank, which gets this view:

and on the left side fairing, edge of the mount is following the edge of the "cutout" in our fairing, which gives you this view:

I used a suction cup mount on the tank, as far forward as I could. the camera actually ended up over the key. Need to find a new place though b/c there were numerous times I hit my head on it in full tuck.

Does anyone have any issues with removing adhesive mounts from the paint?
I've removed mine about a million times and never had an issue. They normally don't even leave any residue and if they do it's minimal. I have a sticky mount on the front of my tank that I leave there, I use that spot a lot.

#11 ·
I have a contour HD and when I mount it on the side, the wind noise overpowers everything. Thought about putting something in front of it to direct the mic backwards.

Also for those mounting on the fairings, are you using just the adhesive mounts? I'm afraid mine will fall off. But I really don't want to be drilling holes into my fairings.

#12 ·
I have a contour HD and when I mount it on the side, the wind noise overpowers everything. Thought about putting something in front of it to direct the mic backwards.

Also for those mounting on the fairings, are you using just the adhesive mounts? I'm afraid mine will fall off. But I really don't want to be drilling holes into my fairings.
I use the stick mounts for my gopro, then I bought some of the teather mounts that they have as well for backup.

#15 ·
Top of helmet, windscreen, rear tail. I haven't used the suction cup yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.