Triumph 675 Forums banner

Rear brake

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  sittingturbo 
#1 ·
Thoughts on removing rear brake all together? It sure is a lot of weight just sitting there. The only time I use it is if I go off track. What is the benefit of keeping it besides that? Will I pass tech without it? What are the AFM rules regarding it that you know of?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#3 ·
Not GP fast, but pretty damn fast. I keep the rear break only for off track "oh shit I missed it altogether". I even have it adjusted very low so I have to reach for it.

Maybe I will be faster if I start to utilize it, but I let the engine handle the rear right now. Am I doing it all wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#5 ·
Most organizations, if not all (track day or race) require the rear brake to be operational.

Nuno!

#7 ·
I bet you wouldn't even notice a difference in weight reduction.

It doesn't even matter, you seriously need it for when you run off track. Even smoothly touching the front brake after your off track will send you to the ground so fast that by the time you get up and realize what happened, you'll realize that one of your collarbones is broke :laugh:

#10 ·
Here is an idea for you dude... My rear rotor is there right now... For about 90 bucks (includes return shipping) you can mail your rear rotor to this company and they will remove about a pound from it... If I am correct, a pound of rotational weight is the same as saving 5 pounds from sprung weight... Might be 3 pounds... Either way, you still pass tech, retain the safety net when you do run off the track, and you save weight...

http://www.triumph675.net/forum/showthread.php?t=33886

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.