Triumph 675 Forums banner

Anyone Ride with NESBA? GOIN TO THE TRACK!

5K views 24 replies 11 participants last post by  drummer92 
#1 ·
Hey dudes,

Yeah, yeah, so I don't have a 675 anymore, but I like it here, so deal with it. :laugh:

Anyway, a major benefit of downsizing to the 300 is my wife finally decided to release me from my promise never to track. Apparently not having a bike that can do 150mph makes it less scary, lol.

So, I've been looking around. NESBA seems the most affordable, and they have a cool 'free trial' where you can go out to a track day, leave your bike street-ready, and do the classroom beginner sessions and then two track sessions for free. I was thinking I might do that when they are at Summit next summer. Any of you ride with them? Good/bad? Ever try the free trial?

Pumped to get on the track!

tnr

#4 ·
I'm a fan of NESBA. Well run track days and a good group of folks over all. I'll be out there with them again in the spring.

#6 ·
Good to hear! S2R1k -- I didn't realize that's who you ride with. We should get out to Shenandoah together next season! That way I can clog up the turns and drive you crazy. :laugh:

PS: Do you ride out there, or have you invested in a trailer? I know people advise not to ride to track days, but I'm not sure how you affordably get into it without doing so.

tnr

#7 ·
So far I've been a moocher...hitching rides with friends who have trailers. Once I rented a trailer from Uhaul ($16 w/ tax) and dragged it behind the Acura. I would definitely NOT ride out there unless you're planning to stay the night after riding the day. When ridden properly, you'll be tired at the end of the day.....and you're face will really hurt from the big ass grin that's been smeared across it all day!

#9 ·
say whaaaaaat? You're going to the track??

I did my first day with TPM and it was a great experience. One of the members here was kind enough to let me use his friend pass so i paid quite a bit less than what it would have cost otherwise. I'll be joining TPM myself in the spring and would be happy to let you use my friend pass as well.

I solved the transportation problem by borrowing my in-laws' truck and putting the bike in the bed. I just bought some ramps and straps and it was super easy. Its a giant 4 door dodge with the full size bed, so if you wanted to go with me there would be enough room in the bed for two bikes, you would just need to buy a set of straps and ride up to my place.

#12 · (Edited)
Haha, I wondered where you've been! Yeah man, I'm totally jazzed for it.

I think your idea sounds like a plan and a half. It would be more fun to do the track with a friend anyway. :cool2: When the summer gets closer, we'll have to get this thing planned!

tnr

#11 ·
Lets a non-member pay the same rate as their friend who is a member.

Inside Pass and Full Throttle members may bring a friend with them to the track as their guest for the day. Titanium members may bring friends at Full Throttle rates. New for 2013, a friend may ride up to two consecutive days sharing the same track rate as teh member.. The ART Level 1 school will cost an additional $15.00 if the friend is a first time track rider. The members name must be referred and filled in on the entry registration form at the time of registering. Up to two friends may ride at a time. Friends may register on the home page of this website by clicking "friends registration" or by clicking here. Direct any questions you may have to sales@teampromotion.com
http://www.teampromotion.com/club-membership/full-throttle/

#15 ·
*Cough* Triumph675.net Day at NJMP *Cough*

#17 ·
i know where you all live... so.. you know... Just sayin...

:biggrinjester:

#18 ·
I normally use absolute, Tpm and motorcycle xcitement. I'm going to try nesba and Tony's track days this year.

#19 ·
I've got a friend who went through NESBA and he loved it. I'm probably going to go through them too if I can get my stuff together for the track anyway...

@tnr4 - btw, enjoying the 300? I was thinking about trying to get my dad into riding and think that might be just the right bike. Plus I'd get to enjoy it a little!

#22 ·
@tnr4 - btw, enjoying the 300? I was thinking about trying to get my dad into riding and think that might be just the right bike. Plus I'd get to enjoy it a little!
Hey, sorry I didn't see this for a bit. But yeah -- freaking love this bike. If I keep it long-term, it will probably turn into a mostly track-bike, but to be honest, it just does everything well. I can't wait for the weather to get warm so I can really push it. But more than 2k miles so far, and no complaints at all. :thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.