Triumph 675 Forums banner

ohlins A9640018

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Phill748 
#1 ·
triumph just sent me a shock, with no paperwork. I have nothing on the spring rate( i weigh 160) baseline settings or to be honest besides preload, im not sure of the compression, rebound places of adjustment. The shock has large nut with screw inside under resevoir. Is rebound on bottom of shock (black ribbed) and high and low speed comp. the ones under resevoir? I've always had someone set up my bike and have been afraid to f with it. I ride A group track days in AZ and some very good canyon runs. Never ride on freeways or for anything but twisties:sos:

#2 ·
Triumph sent me the shock and arrow rearsets, plus a pillion cover for having my bike tied up for 9 weeks with the heat exchanger problem. Most of the wait was for gaskets and seals. In the end they put a heat exchanger, waterpump, and oilpump. The shock i asked for was the type 2 ttx. It says nothing of the sort on box. Just A9640018 I know i sound dumb, but mostley i have been nervous about messing with my suspension. When i do track days i never have time because i usualy corner work, ride split time, so when i'm done with track i go to corner to flag. No excused but need some help with what my shock really is and where to adjust and maybe base line settings. My spring says 120? This can't be lbs? It seems pretty stout. I set my static sag and rider sag with a very nowledgable fellow, but i'm embarressed to keep asking him stuff. Any help would be nice

#3 ·
You can find the ohlins owners manuals online:
http://www.ohlins.com/Product-search/?query=Triumph Daytona 675 2006-2012

From a minute of googling your product code and looking at photos, yours might be this:
http://www.ohlins.com/Products/OwnersManuals/OM_07241-02.pdf

which isn't a ttx.

In my manual it had suggested settings for all the adjustments, but they might have been on a few pages which were inserts (not sure and can't check because I'm far from home, sorry).

This thread might help with reading the spring rate:
Ohlin spring rate markings on spring? - ADVrider

I hope something there helps...

#5 ·
Hi, Sorry, just seen this. I have the same shock. The Rebound is the black adjuster on the bottom of the shock, the ones on the top are compression (low speed and High Speed).

The Spring is a 12Nm which I am having taken off mine as it's way to stiff for the road. I am having a 11Nm put on there; apparrently that will work better for my weight.

Be warned... Spring rates are different apparrently for different shocks; ie you can put a 9.5Nm on a TTX but apparrently it would be too soft for this shock because of the way the internals work. I am just repeating what the Ohlins tech told me; my forks and Shock are going in to be done next week.

I have the manual on PDF somewhere but you can get it if you google 'Triumph Accessory Manuals' takes you to their site and you put the part number in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.