Triumph 675 Forums banner

What did you do to your Street Triple today?

1M views 7K replies 630 participants last post by  Joe Garfield 
#1 ·
I installed the rest of my frame sliders from motovation. Got the front, rear and engine ones done... and did the rim tape yesterday :)

Attachments

See less See more
#2,886 ·
Also thanks Kiz :) its good to walk away.

Cops did come but the number plate and rego got ripped off and no one was with the bike for them to question. Sub frame was snapped in 2 places and the battery was sitting on the tyre.
Do you know what was the most irritating bit about it - the frikking alarm STILL worked!

#2,895 ·
Checked for the "-" in my headlight part #, all set, then put the cover back on. The salt trucks finally came down the street over the weekend, so my season is over for a while.

Picked up a used set of Woodcraft rearsets off ebay as well, but after reading I'm a bit leary of the lack of ball bearings in the pivot points..we'll see how this works out.

Also, decided to sell my sargent seat ... just seem to prefer the stock seat I guess (ad coming soon... darn post count).

#2,896 ·
Checked for the "-" in my headlight part #, all set, then put the cover back on. The salt trucks finally came down the street over the weekend, so my season is over for a while.

Picked up a used set of Woodcraft rearsets off ebay as well, but after reading I'm a bit leary of the lack of ball bearings in the pivot points..we'll see how this works out.

Also, decided to sell my sargent seat ... just seem to prefer the stock seat I guess (ad coming soon... darn post count).
how much do you want for the sargent?

#2,899 · (Edited)
Fitted Quickshifter.

Planning on a ride on Saturday morning so I should get some video with the new exhaust.

#2,902 ·
Anyone play around with their front ride height?

I lowered the fork tubes 3mm on my R to gain a bit more trail.
The weather's become a lil' dodgy 'round here so I may have to wait a day or so to test ride.
The forks now have 4mm of tube showing, I may lower them further (flush w/the top of triple clamp) to experiment w/front end feel.

Stock rake/trail - 23.9°/92.4mm

Attachments

#2,912 ·
dlounge - I have no idea if your posts are any good or what you talk about here. I can never get past your avitar.:thumbup:

#2,915 ·
I've been work on my winter projects off and on over the last few days. Pulled the tank and air box off so I could do some of them. Just finished installing my Rizoma Action front signals today. That was much more of a PITA than I thought it would be, but after seeing them on there I think it was worth it. Pics will be coming.

Next up is wiring up my Stebel horn, and then once my Driven AIS block off plates show up in the mail, I'll finish with that and can put it all back together before I start in on swapping out my front end for the D675 front end.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Motorcycle.com Free App

#2,916 ·
I've been work on my winter projects off and on over the last few days. Pulled the tank and air box off so I could do some of them. Just finished installing my Rizoma Action front signals today. That was much more of a PITA than I thought it would be, but after seeing them on there I think it was worth it. Pics will be coming.

Next up is wiring up my Stebel horn, and then once my Driven AIS block off plates show up in the mail, I'll finish with that and can put it all back together before I start in on swapping out my front end for the D675 front end.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Motorcycle.com Free App
I want to hear how the horns work out. STR's horn is wimpy even by MC standards. My ninjas horn is stronger by a lot.

#2,924 ·
lol.... I think Scotyyy just sold the APE unit he had on hand? Not laughing at you Scott, just for you if this is the case.

I think all the 675's make some noise until warm, hard for me to tell from his video - hopefully someone more knowledgable about this will confirm if Scott has an issue or not.

Scott - nothing wrong with recognizing your limitations - a good service tech is worth establishing a working relationship with. From everything you've talked about with me - I think having a qualified second set of eyes look over your bike would be a good idea. :thumbup:

#2,925 ·
lol.... I think Scotyyy just sold the APE unit he had on hand? Not laughing at you Scott, just for you if this is the case.

I think all the 675's make some noise until warm, hard for me to tell from his video - hopefully someone more knowledgable about this will confirm if Scott has an issue or not.

Scott - nothing wrong with recognizing your limitations - a good service tech is worth establishing a working relationship with. From everything you've talked about with me - I think having a qualified second set of eyes look over your bike would be a good idea. :thumbup:
Lol yeah...I did sell the APE unit I had. I was really hurting for money and selling that unit right then was perfect because I didn't have enough $$ for my bike insurance that was about to be taken out. Also, if the tensioner does need replacing, I'm probably going to go with an OEM unit again just since it would be one less "aftermarket" thing on the bike for if I were to sell the bike down the road.

And yeah, if my bike needs engine work or a check up, I'm most likely going to bring it into a shop next time since I don't exactly know how the bike is supposed to be when in it's prime since I bought it pre beat-up.

#2,926 ·
Thats the cam chain for sure :nod:

I had my valves checked at 12k and they were just fine. A couple of exhaust were just a little out of spec - so minor shimming done. Just take care of your engine and don't beat the living day lights out of it.

#2,927 ·
Lol awesome. Well I guess I know what I will be ordering in the near future...again haha.

On another note...I'm putting my bike back together and I seem to have found a connector without a mate? Am I going crazy or did I lose a connection somewhere? Is there supposed to be a connector under the tank not connected to something?

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior
Automotive tire Finger Nail Flash photography Automotive lighting

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#2,933 ·
Lol awesome. Well I guess I know what I will be ordering in the near future...again haha.

On another note...I'm putting my bike back together and I seem to have found a connector without a mate? Am I going crazy or did I lose a connection somewhere? Is there supposed to be a connector under the tank not connected to something?

View attachment 34247 View attachment 34248

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Ah nevermind! This plug is for the ignition/kill switch...found the other connection tucked away behind some wires and the frame.

#2,928 ·
Exercise extreme care when re-securing the tank, so as not to pinch the wiring. When you lower the tank into position, sort of wiggle it side-to-side at the same time, keeping an eye on the wiring harness. They really crammed a lot into such a small space with all the relays, ect. Also make sure your little rubber blocks are setting on the frame welds (2 of them).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.