Triumph 675 Forums banner

Only took 7 years...

3K views 23 replies 16 participants last post by  twistyrider 
#1 ·
Well after finally getting to where I am now I had to get the bike I dreamt about replacing my 02 sv650s a 2010 SE. Picked it up in Dallas and got home to San Antionio at 330am. It had exactly 2000 miles on the clock. Has the full gb racing setup and just a couple things I want to change.

The night I picked it up:

See less See more
#4 ·
Congrats! The wait will make you appreciate it more. I wanted a D675 as soon as I saw it in a magazine when it first came out. Then when the Street Triple came out, I decided that would be more my style. Several years later my dream came true. Enjoying every minute of it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Motorcycle.com Free App

#14 ·
Well I removed the awful black and white checkered tank protector that was installed and replaced with a tank protector from the tank slapper...

Danmoto clip ons have been ordered in black. Now I need some comfy grips, exhaust, and I'm set for quite a while

#15 ·
Congrats man. I had a similar story. Except about 3 years and 2007 SV650s. You'll see that a lot of members here are former (or current) SV riders. You're going to love the Daytona. Go find the What Do You Need thread to get good prices from Rider's Discount. Lot's of good stuff.

#17 ·
Thanks again guys! Scorpio i900 with a proximity sensor will be here this week.
Once I get my car back up and running I think I'll send the pegs and what not to get powder coated satin black. I'm really trying to get the focus on the paint and frame. Forks will probably get vinyl wrapped. Any recommendations on on heat shield for the seat and "trunk"? I've got header wrap for the exhaust.

#18 ·
Any recommendations on on heat shield for the seat and "trunk"? I've got header wrap for the exhaust.
If you ride fast enough, there's no need for that. :thumbsup:

#19 ·
Not much you can do for the heat since most of it is coming from the engine not the exhaust. Some people have said wrap has helped a little, but I am not sure how much difference it is really going to make for your seat, the passenger seat may see a big difference, but you yourself (unless you ride on back) probably wont feel much.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.