Triumph 675 Forums banner

Can we talk about these 675r's on ebay

4K views 22 replies 21 participants last post by  Chrisc6 
#1 ·
So I've decided to go with the all mighty 675r over the BMW S (thanks everyone for feedback on my other post). Triumph Soho offered me a new 2012 for 15K out the door (inclusive of 1K in minor parts upgrades). Needless to say I'm pretty serious about picking up one of these two 675r's on ebay of which I can probably get either one for 11K shipped.

Key things I'd love some feedback on are:

1) Is it a good deal or should I hold out for the 2013 release which might effect pricing of earlier models.

2) which is the better value, bone stock 2012 (from repo) or 2011 with some very decent upgrades installed by dealer.

Thanks guys!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2011-675R-Daytona-/290804997069?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item43b5541bcd#ht_500wt_1182

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2012-Triumph-Daytona-675R-Ohlins-Full-Suspension-Clean-/321015320144?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item4abe010e50#ht_13064wt_931

See less See more
#2 ·
Have you checked any other dealerships around the area? Last time I was at Gold coast i forgot to check if they even had a triumph, but its worth a shot. Plus the new model is soon to be unveiled which will surely affect the price of the current R's.

#10 ·
Either no one looked or I am missing something. Both bikes say they have no warranty?

The better bike for value I'd say with mileage and mods is definitely the 2011.. There are no differences between any 675R models from the factory I believe.

However if you want to save $500 and personalize the bike, get the 2012. If its got any warranty left in it that's worth little bit too, but not much. Both bikes haven't been ridden that much.

#21 ·
I would of opted for the 2011 with some mods, lower miles and not a REPO?

Repo's can be hit or miss.... but not wanting a miss when you consider replacing a motor or other parts you can't see.

#22 ·
I would of opted for the 2011 with some mods, lower miles and not a REPO?

Repo's can be hit or miss.... but not wanting a miss when you consider replacing a motor or other parts you can't see.
Repos are really russian roulette. Its like, if you cant afford the payments on the bike (or) car, whats the LAST thing youre going to worry about....... maintenance on it. So most repos were neglected to a degree, some worse then others.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.