Triumph 675 Forums banner

just ordered these for my "R".. Any track guys use them?

5K views 35 replies 17 participants last post by  flyin_gnome 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I have no personal experience, just something I read once. The author didn't think they were a good idea as you will be clamping something that is screwed into the fork top. They considered this not as secure as the yoke/triple tree clamping to a very structurally solid fork tube, because you are relying on the strength of the thread to a certain extent.

So if your yoke was clamped to just this extension slug, the braking forces are going to be working on the thread and not the whole of the fork tube. This probably isn't going to be as strong as the fork tube. I can see the logic, but as I said, it's just something I read once and mention it so you can consider if it's valid point.

#3 ·
I don't think our bikes need that much of an extension... at the most, you'll be running the forks no more than 3mm below the top of the tripple clamp. Most track guys are quite happy with them being flush.

Nuno!

#5 ·
Thanks for the info.. I ordered them before I talked to a personal friend about them.. Riders Discount used to use them, and I heard on the older style triples (not ones I have on the 2012) it was a must unless you had aftermarket triples.. However on the 2012 I don't need them. Hopefully I can pay a restocking fee and send them back. I heard a new company was making an affordable offset triple option that I'll be using..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.