Triumph 675 Forums banner

Reset Adaption and 5k stutter Joy

1K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  AFM744 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all-
First post here :hello:
I've been searching for A MONTH on this so I wouldn't have to make my intro post on an exhausted topic. Sorry.

'12 675R w/ Arrow slip, no baffle, no SAI, no smog. SAI disabled, evap solenoid has a resistor in it.
TuneECU 2.3.6
I have thrown several maps at this thing and it definitely likes the 20593 best. But will not give me the TPS green light.
I have:
-followed all instructions
-let it idle forever
-gone through the whole Adjust ICSV procedure, starting with ripping out the throttle bodies and replacing the tamper screws, then adjusting the voltage readings.
-20598 gives me a green TPS in 7 minutes, but that code is weaksauce.
-20596 is also weaksauce.
-re-downloaded 20593 from tomhamberg.net twice.
-lowered the idle.
-cursed, prayed, and sacrificed a goat at full-moon.
Over and over again I suck CO, piss off my neighbors, then end up riding it to work with the 5krpm snatch.

So yes, the TPS voltages are right (.60 and .73v). The throttle bodies are within 10hPa. The closed-loop arrows go blue/green in <5min. There's plenty of slop in the throttle cable. Next step is to copy/paste the fuel and ignition maps from 20593 to 20598... unless someone has a better idea. Thank you for reading!

See less See more
#2 ·
Update: Copy/Paste of ignition and fuel maps from 25093 to 25098 worked like a charm, so perhaps my ECU doesn't play nice with something on that file (?).
I Reset Adaption this morning, fired it up, put on riding pants, boots, (Closed Loop came on), put in earplugs, wiped bugs off visor, put on jacket, (TPS went green). Nine mins from crankover.
I did not copy "neutral" maps, and closed-loop maps are identical.
I Compare File/F6'd all maps to make sure I wasn't mis-matching maps and about to teach myself an expensive lesson.
Getting on the freeway I let it rev out in 1st and it lofted the front end. :thumbup: But more importantly, I can do 40mph in traffic without the stutter...SNATCH!...stutter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.