Triumph 675 Forums banner

NHTSA Recall announced

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Tucker2.0 
#1 ·
No longer a "silent" recall:

"The National Highway Transportation Safety Administration has announced that Triumph Motorcycles are recalling 2006-2009 Triumph Daytona 675 models as well as 2006-2009 Triumph Street Triple and Street Triple R models.

According to the NHTSA, the “regulator/rectifier can overheat and prevent the motorcycle form charging. Once the battery is fully discharged, the motorcycle may stall.” If the motorcycle stalls, the likelihood of an accident goes up greatly, and greatly increases the risk of injury or death for the rider.

Triumph has announced that they will notify owners of the recalled motorcycles and are offering a free replacement of the regulator/rectifier.

Triumph can be contacted directly at (678) 854-2010. The NHTSA can also be contacted at their Vehicle Safety Hotline at (888) 327-4236."

#3 ·
i think the point of this one is that now it has to be done by Triumph no matter what as with before it seemed like an 'at will' recall.

#9 ·
Is it just me, or is their reasoning complete horseshit?

I think the bigger danger is your bike burning to the ground while riding. Otherwise, aren't carb bikes with "reserve" switches almost as dangerous?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.