Triumph 675 Forums banner

Which plug goes where?

3K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  LIV2 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, first time taking the daytona apart and i left it butchered for a couple months and now putting it back together.. got most of it together but a few plugs and vacuum hoses im not sure where they go? / don't remember lol..

I know two of them go into the fuel tank but not sure about the third?

Two vacuum hoses? where do these go?

Which vacuum hose goes here? is it the long one thats origin is located near the O2 sensor?

I assume most of the plugs are fool-proof... if they fit correctly then its in the correct plug? unless there are identical connectors with different color codes? sorry i'm unfamiliar with the plugs and probably should of taken more note when i took them apart lol.. Also i tried to do a compression test a while back and the bike would only crank over once and then die.. is it because the tank is removed from the ECU? any help is appreciated!

See less See more
#2 ·
the two hoses are for the tank... for vents.

and connectors, depends form the year...2 are for tank for sure, the third may be for the sensor of the airbox (if you removed also it, in this case remember to attach also the hose from throttle body to the sensor)
if you leaved only the tank... then there are all for tank i guess :p

#4 ·
I believe the connector at the top of the pic is for the ISM(Idler Stepper Motor)
If the four wires are:
orange/pink
orange/blue
orange/white
orange/brown

the tube coming out of the throttle body may be for the intake flapper. need a better picture

#5 ·
The identical (aside from color) connectors go to the tank.

bRown goes to the Right, bLack goes to the Left.

Capitalized for emphasis on how I remember.

#7 ·
Two connectors on the bottom (orange and black) go to the gastank. The easy way to remember is:
Orange goes right next to the fuel line plastic elbow which also has the orange locking tab on it.

Vent hoses are pre-bent so just their position should tell you approximately which side they are on (they criss-cross under the tank), but ultimately it should n't matter...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.