Triumph 675 Forums banner

Part identity help please!

1K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  tuscani451 
#1 ·
Rim Auto part Circle Metal Household hardware
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive fuel system Motorcycle Tire

My first bike coming from a 250, love it to bits...
Does anyone know where this hat looking thingy goes?
I removed my fairings to install frane sliders and had to also undo my radiator bolts cos my engine bolt nut was forever spinning and couldn't get to it easily.

Anyhow, this hat thingy dropped when I was screwing the radiator back into place.

Any help would be great and thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

See less See more
#2 ·
its like a little support thing for where your radiator is bolted to.

#3 ·
if i recall correctly there's three of them. one at the bottom radiator where it mounts near the exhaust and 2 at the top where it mounts to the frame.

#5 ·
I just undid my radiator and as I recall the are two "hats" per bolt (3 bolts connecting the radiator-two at the top and one at the bottom). The hats are like bushings so the bolts are not metal to metal-when placed end to end they form a channel for the bolt to go through. Idk if its essential but in the long run I'd feel better with everything as it should be. If your are still not clear you can PM me a email address and I'll send you some pics of now it's supposed to look

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.