Triumph 675 Forums banner

Question for Florida riders...

2K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Nastybutler 
#1 ·
I'm going down to new port Richey/Tampa area next week to see my grandfather. Anyway I'm going to put my bike in the back of the truck so I can have a little fun down there.

My question is that I have a fender eliminator and have moved the license plate under the exhaust (British customs). How are FL cops about this? I've been stopped several times here and no officer has ever mentioned it. One even stopped me and said he couldn't see it but he just wanted to see my wife's ass. He just looked and left lol. I didn't even get the chance to say I have my carry permit.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#4 ·
I'm up in Jacksonville and have mine in the same location. No problems so far.

Just curious. I thought the BC FE didn't fit the R. I guess it still bolts but you just had to angle it back really far because of the battery box? I built a custom one to avoid that, but when I swapped to the Akra slip the pipe hangs lower and I had to angle it back anyway.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Motorcycle.com App

#6 ·
Just curious. I thought the BC FE didn't fit the R. I guess it still bolts but you just had to angle it back really far because of the battery box? I built a custom one to avoid that, but when I swapped to the Akra slip the pipe hangs lower and I had to angle it back anyway.
It fits my R the same way it fit my SE lol. The bikes arent any different besides suspension. Maybe it is something with your exhaust?

the BC fender elim bolts to the passenger peg bolts. I forget which though. You just remove one of the peg bolts, put the FE in place and put the bolts back in.

#7 ·
My plate is on the bracket way under the tail. Its not super easy to see, but I've never been bothered. If you're looking for some people to ride with check out Tampasportbikes.com, a couple of us here are on there as well.

#10 ·
great thanks everyone. I have arkansas plates on my car/bike and it's amazing how violent people get on the road towards me. i swear it's the plates.

#12 ·
i was born and raised in the clearwater area. Id give anything to get back down there. All in good time!

#14 ·
all of tennessee does except for memphis ! :cuss:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.