Triumph 675 Forums banner

Tire Recommendations for STREET use

5K views 21 replies 22 participants last post by  Factor5 
#1 ·
I had Dunlop Roadsmart II on my Ninja 650 before I purchased my Daytona and thought they were pretty well balanced as far as wet and dry traction and cold weather traction. Also the tread life was great.

Just seeing what people use out there for everyday street riding and not so much track days. I don't like burning through a set of tires after 5000 miles just from normal commuting and back road twisties (I'd be changing tires at least once a year). I may do a trackday sometime next year, But probably no more than 1 or 2 a year since the closest tracks are 3+ hours away.

Edit: Found a set of Bridgestone Battlax BT016 for 200$, maybe worth a shot?

#2 ·
Ya the BT016 or Michelline pilot road 3 or my personal fav Pirelli Angels. But it will all come down to personal preference. This thread is going to say that over and over buddy. All and all a sport touring tire will do you just fine. I've done two track days and one to come on my Angels and they did great. It's all up to you though, goodluck!:thumbup:

#4 ·
+3. The BT016's came stock on my ST3, and I like them a lot. I've got over 4K miles on them so far, and they are wearing nice and even, and provide amazing grip on dry roads, which is all I ever try and ride them on. No chicken strips to speak of and I don't really try to get rid of them; they're just so confidence inspiring (along with the amazing handling of the ST3) that I have no qualms about leaning to the edge (yes I know I shouldn't be doing that on the street, yada, yada no ability to adjust in a corner, but I usually only get that low around 15 mph to 20 mph corners where I'm going about double the suggested corner speed or in roundabouts and on ramps).

The PR3's are what I'm using on my other bike right now, and are great for wet weather. Only have 1400 miles or so on them, so I can't give much of an opinion on life or even cornering, since I don't lean that much on that bike.

Once I wear out the 016's, I'll probably give the Angel ST's a try. Heard a lot of great things about them.

#3 ·
I've run both Bridgestone BT 016's and Michelin pilot road 2's. To me they were different, but I couldn't say which one was better for you, I really like the feel of the BT 016's though. It all comes down to your preference, get a set and see how they go! I'm going to try Dunlop Q2's next, just to see if I like them more than the Bridgestones.

#5 ·
I use Continental Conti-Motions, long lasting and decent grip. i commute a lot and can still enjoy a romp in the twisties. My buddy also has them on his speed triple and he pushes them pretty hard and they hold nice.

#8 ·
Pirelli AngelST FTW!!!! 18.5k miles on ONE set. i swear by these on the street. have a few friends that actually have run them on the track.

i cant wait til the diablo rosso tires on my F3 are shot so i can replace them with the ST

#9 ·
For the occasional trackdays, it may be a good idea to get take offs from one of the racers in your area. You get plenty of tread left and a much better track tire (Bridgestone R10s are what I get) without tearing up your street tire. Saving cash and getting better tires always sounds good to me!

#14 ·
Same here!! I really like the new S20s... I just did a 1.000km trip on all kinds of weather and they handled beautifully... Great improvement over the supercorsas, specially in wet conditions.
Really liking these tires for street use... Will have to see how long they last... Going on 3.500 and plenty of thread left.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

#13 ·
I love Conti RA2's :thumbup: 10,000km's out of the last rear tyre, 13,000 and still counting out of the front. They heat up nicely and stick like shit to a blanket.

#15 ·
i put the BT016s on my last daytona after wearing our the SCs. loved them. huge improvement in cold or raining conditions. they felt more stable too and quicker warm up. i want try to the new S20s on my R now.

#16 ·
I am currently running Bridgestone S20s, and they are the most confidence-inspiring wet traction tire I've ever ridden on. That includes Pilot Road 2s but not 3s. I went with the S20s because I was so impressed with the feel and longevity of the BT-016s that came on my Street Triple. I have always run Michelins before that, a couple sets each of Pilot Road, Pilot Road 2, Pilot Power, and Pilot Power 2ct. In my honest, humble, and very much subjective opinion, the Bridgestones have so far been superior to their Michelin counterparts. They are all great tires, I just didn't know what I was missing until I got 'stuck' with some Bridgestones for the first time. The BT-016 honestly felt as good as the Pilot Power 2ct on track, although I haven't gotten the S20s out yet I expect them to outperform anything I've tried yet. I can't speak for their longevity yet, but in terms of all-around street performance they are almost too good to be true.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.