Triumph 675 Forums banner

MOKANAR (mo-ok-kan-ar)

307K views 4K replies 54 participants last post by  Neanderthal 
#1 · (Edited)
MOKANAR (missouri-oklahoma-kansas-arkansas)

Thought I'd start a new thread, as not all of us are from KC. Be nice to have our own header! (hint hint mods)

How much rain you all getting? I have about 3.25" since Thursday night. Raining all day today as well.

#235 ·
I'm just saying that when it's well lubricated your rubber will slip more easily than usual.:whistle:

#237 ·
Well you guys do buy them french made tires, already meanign your a bunch of pussies!!!!!!

JK, its all good..

#239 ·
No need to be, all in time...Yeah would of been nice to meet up one more time before the year end... always next year!:thumbup:

#261 ·
Doe that thing have enough CFM to run an air impact wrench?
I thought my harbor Freight compresser would work for that but turns out I would need a really big compressor to run the impact wrench I have

This is mine

#246 ·
First thing I did when I got home after buying it was to relocate the hose reel. The first hole I drilled into the stud, cut right through an effin wire, lol. So I spent most of yesterday and this morning opening the wall, making the splice/repair (and installed a new recepticle) sealing wall back up. Still gotta paint and clean up.

#247 ·
Damn man, sounds about the norm for doing anything at the house.. IF something shitty can go wrong it normally does.

#248 ·
Yeah, lol. I severed the wiring in the absolute worst spot, within the stud. :laugh: Had the entire wall to drill into and bam hit a wire right off the bat, lol.

JD - my leg still hurts where I got that cramp. That's the first time I've been uncomfortable riding the D675. Did you change the rearsets since the last time I rode it?

#249 ·
JD - my leg still hurts where I got that cramp. That's the first time I've been uncomfortable riding the D675. Did you change the rearsets since the last time I rode it?
AH Seriously?
Nope same as last time you rode it, you better eat some banana's and be hydrated next time, before the torture rack! :laugh:

#255 ·
If you seriously think about it, what are the chances?

Hopefully we can get an even larger turnout for the raid this coming year..

Pre ride must have FRESH TIRES, don't be that guy! Just saying :whistle:

#257 ·
I am planning on planning there. Hope it happens. School rules my life for 6 more months.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
I hear ya, i am not sure on the semester dates where i will be attending, but they best not conflict with the RAID!... might have to talk to the professor's on early final exam if they do..

#262 ·
OK so the question for the morning is, how much compressor do you need to use an impact wrench?.. as surely i will use an air ratchet off and on and some occaisional impact use.

#264 ·
They tend to use 5-7 CFM average air consumption. (They need a lot of volume of air, not pressure). I think my compressor puts out like 5.3CFM, so it really doesn't have enough volume to get the maximum use of the impact wrench. ie: I have a better chance of loostening lug nuts with a breaker bar, THEN using the impact wrench to finish taking it off.
So it doesn't work at the point you need it most.

I would say you need at least 7CFM to really get started but to get the full use of the torque it can provide, you need this bad boy that puts out 15.8CFM at 90 psi

#266 ·
Tom, here's the link to the compressor I bought.

http://www.chpower.com/productdetail/inflation-and-fastening-4-gallon-air-compressor_hl5402

I only have an electric impact right now, so I can't test how well it would do with a pneumatic one. The only air tool I have (and always forget to use) is a Craftsman air socket (ratchet) wrench. I also have a HVLP air gun, but really don't see myself painting any more, too much trouble. The salesman (at Grizzly) had this model and said it did well with air nailers, ect. I'm just planning on airing up tires, and if I ever remember, the air wrench, lol.

Spidey is right - recovery is the biggest issue. That's the reason I went with this dual-tank design, it's supposed to help with that.

#270 ·
I am glad, shit how the did i find out and end up going?:wtf:

Tom how is the kendon trailer search going?
Found one somewhat local to me in oregon, left the guy a message just waiting to hear back from him..

#276 ·
We need to put another 5 minutes into planning a group pic next time. That would total 5 minutes, 15 seconds of planning.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.