Triumph 675 Forums banner

BikeBandit FZ1 giveaway...Win!

3K views 23 replies 18 participants last post by  yakimushi 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Nice win man. Im never that lucky.

#9 ·
Thanks guys. Looks like early Christmas for me! I dunno if Im gonna sell it or just keep it in the stable with the Striple. Time will tell on this one, but they way its set up looks like it could be a lot of fun! And dont worry, if I decide to sell ya'll get first dibs

#10 ·
Congrats! The cynic in me always thought that these big item raffles were a bunch of BS, nice to hear of someone winning.

#13 ·
Dammit man, I was supposed to win that.

Congrats!
Yeah Id say Im sorry but all's fair in random online contests Scottyyy LOL.

I talked to the folks over at bike bandit yesterday and they say that once paperwork is done I'll have the bike in about 2 weeks. That puts delivery right at Christmas time! Wifey said last night that I can only have one at a time and I needed to pick one. Wife delete mod up next maybe.:biggrinjester:

#15 ·
Mate you are going to love it.

I owned a Gen 1 for 5 years and put 80,000klms on it. A great road bike. I still miss mine.
Very under rated IMO.
There is also a great forum for these bikes if you want to get to know it better or learn what mods work to maximize its performance, although it is far from stock.

#21 ·
So the bike finally came in the other night. Initial impressions are as follows...

Couple flat spots in the RPM range that I would like to fix and I would have thought it would pull harder than it does, although the power delivery is very linear. Turn in is sluggish but stable and it follows lines with no chassis disruption in corners with poor pavement. Its a bit tall for my 5' 7" frame but its manageable and the bars are a bit high and narrow for me as well. Stock rearsets are ugly as hell and will go as will the passenger pegs but other than the few things Im just not used to I think is pretty awesome!

Not much of a touring guy but its a nice bike non the less. May put it up for sale, not sure yet. Any interested parties? Not even sure what an accurate price would be but Im guessing at $7500

#22 ·
damn man. too bad your not into the touring thing. i would call off work for a month and just ride out to whereever i end up.

maybe ill have to put the lights back on my daytona... on second thought, maybe not. :biggrinjester:

congrats man, good luck with the sale.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.