Triumph 675 Forums banner

MJS Header for Triumph...Maybe?

19K views 141 replies 27 participants last post by  mjkuhno 
#1 ·
Soooooo, i notice that alot of people on here like or would like to put a full exhaust system on their beloved 675(R) but dont want to pay $1500+ for one. So what do you do, take off your header buy all the pieces to make it a true header without the cat and crummy EXUP valve and find someone who can do a good job at wielding like "abc" did here http://www.triumph675.net/forum/showthread.php?t=61376

but that seems pretty hard, right? well i wrote MJS http://www.mjsperformance.com/ a message (for those of you who dont know, they are a company that takes factory headers and turns them into a race like header) asking them if they would start building a header/exhaust system for our Triumphs and got a reply saying that "We love taking on new products. You may see some soon." I know that i would definitely buy one of these over a $500 akra header or having to build my own, good thing about them is you have the option of sending them your old header for a small refund or you can keep it if you want.

Anyways, i told the guy that i bet alot of you would love this alternative to a super expensive system, what are y'alls opinions? would you buy one of these and if so, you should write them here https://shop.mjsperformance.com/contactus.sc saying they should build them :thumbup:

#105 ·
i am getting these headers also, so once you guys get the tune please let me know what works.

i am taking my headers off this coming weekend and sending them out.

i have seen the pictures and they look great!

anyone getting this that is running an M5 2bros? thats what i will be running

#125 ·
I got the PMs (heh)... Ill send the tune out after I copy it from my laptop.

Cayden2 is correct, to use the tune as is you would have to be in the same VIN range. You could always copy/ paste ALL the tables over but you would of course be on your own.

#128 ·
I have gotten a bunch of requests with questions about the tune I have.

It is based on 20417, early Daytona full Arrow tune and was adjusted on the dyno.
No EXUP
No CAT
No O2 sensor
No SAI
No Flapper

I tried to add it as a zip attachment but the file is too large. If you want a copy, I need an email address to send it to!

#132 ·
hmm, then why did he say his was an 09?

im very confused right now

#134 ·
oh, i must have been confused about an earlier comment then. that might have been meant towards somone else or somthing.

never mind. sorry

#135 ·
#139 ·
mines installed and i think there was a power gain, or atleast some torqiness gained.
i need to tune mine it backfires alot. but i kind of like the backfiring.

#142 ·
Dave73 said:
I have gotten a bunch of requests with questions about the tune I have.

It is based on 20417, early Daytona full Arrow tune and was adjusted on the dyno.
No EXUP
No CAT
No O2 sensor
No SAI
No Flapper

I tried to add it as a zip attachment but the file is too large. If you want a copy, I need an email address to send it to!
Hi Dave,

Interested in this tune as I might be going this route.

I'll send you a PM as well with my email address.

Thx
- Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.