Triumph 675 Forums banner

Doohan autographed suit

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Duc Hunter 675 
#1 ·

Long story, but I had my race leathers signed by Mick Doohan today. And now I have some questions.

The suit is a 1-piece Teknic Violator, my regular race suit. I'm not interested in selling it, but is it ever actually going to be worth anything?

Should I hang it up and keep it as it is, or is it just one of a million things Mick has autographed, now enhanced with personal sentimental value only?

I suspect I should just get over myself, get back into the suit and go racing again, but I'd kick myself if in years to come I had dozens of people saying "You went racing in a suit signed by MICK? You're crazy! That'd be a priceless heirloom by now!"

O.B

See less See more
#3 ·
I would wear it, the signature probably adds about 10hp. :biggrinjester:

That's seriously cool. I would have to hang it up on the wall if it were me. I don't see it being worth a ton of money. Probably to a fellow doohan fan, but if it were one of micks personal suits that he won a race on, that would have a lot of value.

Awesome stuff though. :cool2:

#4 ·
I would wear it, the signature probably adds about 10hp. :biggrinjester:

That's seriously cool. I would have to hang it up on the wall if it were me. I don't see it being worth a ton of money. Probably to a fellow doohan fan, but if it were one of micks personal suits that he won a race on, that would have a lot of value.

Awesome stuff though. :cool2:
That's what I'm thinking. It means a lot to me, but I doubt it'll ever have any real monetary value. But because it means a lot to me...I'm seriously considering hanging it up and just keeping it for posterity.

O.B

#5 ·
A leather shop would be able to sew one of those clear vinyl patches around the signature those patches covers I am talking about are usually used to protect sponsorship patches the one issue I am not sure off if there will be rubbing involved that might wipe the signature or not

#7 ·
Only worth what someone will pay. I have a helmet that I was lucky enough to have both Doohan and Gardner sign the visor. To me it's priceless, to others it's probably not worth much unless their fans etc.

Let me have a look at the coatings I use for certain materials when sublimating (basically it's like a spray on coating so I can heat press onto other surfaces than fabric) or something else that may work. I'll just have to do some reading and put a post or tow on the the "industry" forums.

#8 ·
If you can get a hold of Mick anytime you need him to sign something, then wear it, otherwise, if you don't think he'll be able to sign another, hang it up if you value the opportunity you had. A friend of mine crashed this year and ruined an Arai which Colin Edwards autograped for him @ Indy 2011... He was intending on clearing it and hangin' it up at the end of this season. Shitty he had to hang it up early, with a messed up signature. He's hoping to get the opportunity to again.

Nuno!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.