Triumph 675 Forums banner

Lets see your accident photos!

17K views 85 replies 51 participants last post by  mfrankpdx 
#1 · (Edited)
We all know its not if you go down, its a matter of when you go down. so i was curious to see all of your past motorcycle accidents if you got them. i didnt get the ones the police took at the scene but i was told they took over 250 photos. this is what was left of my 2008 Yamaha R6 after a truck turned in front of me on October 17, 2011. I was left with some road rash and a fractured femur in 3 places. I was wearing a helmet and gloves, but i didnt have a jacket on and i had jeans on. Needless to say, i wear a leather jacket all year round now in Arizona. Be safe and Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up! :thumbup:

See less See more
#3 ·
Jesus christ, Broken, your name is quite fitting. That looks so sad and painful.

My only accident so far was pretty tame and didn't result in a whole lot of damage. I repaired most of it myself with Bondo. It was a low speed (probably 20-25mph). Tried to gun it into a turn from a stop sign to catch a spot in traffic. Had pretty new tires on as well. I don't think I had gotten them past the initial 100 mile wear in time either. Stupid thing of me. Lost the rear and it slid out from under me. I slid on my back just a bit but you can't tell from my jacket.

The only damage to my jacket was the one elbow. Just glad it wasn't my elbow

Headed to work at the armory so I only these thin ass pants on. Their weird thing was this wasn't the side I went down on.

Only damage to my body on my knee. Something on the bike must have gotten it. It was on the inside of my knee and the scab looked worse than the initial scrape. Haha.

#12 · (Edited)
helmets save lives man. when i finally stopped rolling, i landed in the on coming lane and i was almost hit by a truck. luckily they saw me an stopped. SO scarey seeing a truck coming at you and not being able to move. :pout:

Looks like they used a zip-tie to hold you together. Glad your ok, that bike looks horrible.
Hhahaa yeah, im sure thats what it is...just more sterile :laugh:

#14 ·
Looped a wheelie about 3 months ago. Going about 50 mph. No jacket. :( Bike was repairable though. Bent rim, cracked frame, broke front fairing stay and minor cosmetic damage. All repaired. My arm has healed quite nicely too. Can barely see the scars but they are certainly there. Learned a hard lesson on that one. I did scrape the tail though. +1 on that. Haha

Attachments

#22 ·
:biggrinjester: 60k, thats a cute number! i was in the hospital for 10 days after my accident, 110k. the next time i was in to get the rod removed, nother 40k. THIRD time i was in was to get another rod put back IN! another 40k...:whistle: only had to pay bout 5 grand out of all of that, i think i got luck lol :nod:

#23 ·
This happened about 2 years ago, late winter (in New England) hit a pot hole cresting a hill, followed by a patch of sand; throttle blipped and froze, rear end slid out, I regained enough control to miss a van, and narrowly missed a tree (still don't know how) launched off the tree root into a field. I bailed mid-air so I walked away with bruises and a major concussion, The bike was not so lucky (but not as bad as it could have been).

The ditch in the ground is from my tires (snow had recently melted, ground was soft that day). Like I said, still not sure how I missed the tree. (I was going about 30mph)

#25 ·
This was 2 minutes after being T-boned by a (suprise suprise) left turning pickup. Sorry for the poor quality, but adrenaline does not help steady the hands.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Compared to some of you, I got off easy. No damage to me other than a bruised knee where I ate truck. Bike was almost as lucky and came out with no frame damage and the forks only twisted a bit in the tree.

#31 · (Edited)
Far too much unnecessary skin damage on here from lack of proper clothing people!

This is what happened to my 636 when it started tumbling head over heels. I posted the clothing pic.because I wouldn't be here without it. The helmet took a beating but did it jobs. The armour pads in the jacket came out during the sliding but by that time they had saved me.

And the other pic. is how an ex-cop stops speeding motorcyclists on blind curves. These were friends following me when I was on my Daytona 675, when the cop tried to u-turn to chase me but got his car stuck! Idiot lost his job and a lot more. It was only to issue a low end speeding ticket.
The riders were choppered out and were lucky to survive and had a long list of injuries. They are back riding again though.

Attachments

#33 ·
It's painful to see all these pictures but this is a great thread to get you to think and be a bit more careful.

Thanks to everyone for sharing!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.