Triumph 675 Forums banner

Daytona Replacement Screws

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  moanthebairns 
#1 ·
Hi all

After spending many a fun hour trying to take the daytona fairings off Ive decided I never want to go through this torture again. Those bloody philips head push in screws/raw plug like things are a nightmare.

Has anyone replaced theirs with anything easier?

I seen a few yanks had managed it any one here in the UK? If so where did you get the screws/bolts from.

#5 ·
thanks I seen that link on the fairing how to thread but sadly I cant find them anywhere in the uk.

Are these much better than the philips ones?
Totally didn't notice this was in the UK forum, sorry!

And yeah they're much better, you just push them in to secure them and pull them out to remove them. Takes 2 seconds each.

#4 ·
Believe it or not...I found the best way to make it easier is to take the OEM plastic screw on rivets and actually beat them down with a rubber mallet for a bit....but not too much where it's cracking and falling apart. This will soften it up to the point where you can just push them out from the pointy side.

For replacement I go to Lowe's and they have 1/4" ones exactly like OEM for much cheaper.

The other possibility or alternative is to install DZUS fasteners with S-clips. You will need to do some drilling a rivet gun to do this mod.

#7 ·
I hated then at the start too. The I figured out you cannot put any pressure on then add you are screwing them out.

I found if you have just the right but and an adaptor it will come out with ease.

The moment you you put pressure on then they pop back in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.