Triumph 675 Forums banner

Sydney - group rides

2K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  Dorzun 
#1 ·
G'day all,

Looking to see if there's enough Sydney based riders here to get a respectable ride together; I'm from Sutherland, so would prefer to head south, but open to suggestions.

I'm going to take my luck with the double demerits lotto tomorrow (I'm not sure of the exact route yet, but it will involve the Macquarie pass in attack mode)

Cheers;
Mark

#3 ·
South West Sydney here.

This weekend I am looking to go down Kangaroo Valley, Maquarie Pass, Kiama Bends. Then home some way.

#4 ·
I think I have some domestic duties planned for Saturday (keeping on the good side of the minister for home affairs), but I think Sunday might be a goer, although I'm looking at the forecast, and there's some rain forecast for the morning;

Last weekend I did get down to the Macquarie Pass road, only to get stuck in traffic the whole way up - boy racers in turbo hatchbacks.

#8 ·
I', just south of the old road.

This weekends out for me. Have a memorial ride for a friend tomorrow.

I'm thinking of arranging a weekend away up the oxley soon. I have a holiday house just north of foster to stay at, is about an hour's ride from the oxley but free accomm for all and I just see it as the warm up before hitting the endless bends of the oxley.

I do more riding during the week these days due to the unneeded harassment we bikers seem to be going through of late and over policing. Helps that I work from home and for myself.

#10 ·
Dorzan,
I once did a small section of the oxley from buckets way back into port Macquarie, had to be one of the best roads I've ridden.
Doing the whole thing would be incredible, but not sure how keen I am on the 4 hour stint on the freeway on my Daytona to get up there (then 4 hours back again) though!
Would be happy to hire a bike trailer for the weekend and drive up and back (company fuel).
If the offer is serious and we can get a posse together, I have this weekend free?
Cheers
Pikey

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#11 ·
we take a day getting there actually.

Try riding straight back from PI in one stint with just refueling and food breaks.

I'll probably be looking at doing a three day weekend early next year, too much on between now and xmas.

#16 ·
No worries,
You go up buckets way then?
I'll PM you early in the new year, to see if we can work something out.
Offer still stands to drive up, more time on the Oxley that way.
Cheers
Pikey

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
nah it's like a goat track nowadays. Sort of zig zag across the hunter and back to the coast. Took us 9 hours to get to foster last time.

#13 ·
I am keen. Haven't done the Oxley yet.

That is the Bonang Highway. The BEST road I have been on. 100km or twists. No straights over 10 seconds. There is about 10km of it unsealed gravel but it isn't that bad to experience the rest of it.

That road was better than the Black Spur. In My Opinion.
http://goo.gl/maps/KJfgw

This might be my last big ride before RAAF Basic Training.

#15 ·
I am too poor until a few weeks. Blame TJ.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.