Triumph 675 Forums banner

How many miles did your stockers last?

18K views 77 replies 67 participants last post by  VK56DEHAN 
#1 ·
Mine is at 6500 miles and about to replace them.

#5 ·
The stock Pirelli's lasted me about 3k before they were smoked. I replaced them with Michelin Power Pure 2ct's, and they lasted about 7k, until I replaced them for a trackday. They would have gone another couple thousand.

#11 · (Edited)
I got about 3500 out of mine with one legit track day and 2 runway track days. Just replaced them with Power Pure 2CT's this week. Haven't ridden on them yet.

#10 ·
I'll second the scary in the wet sentiment. Looking to replace mine with some Q2's before July's track day. So far I've got about 3k on the stockers and they still have decent tread. My only worry is that they're a bit over two years old. Rubber is perishable, so mileage isn't everything.

#12 ·
I got 9k out of my original stocks, only about 6k out of the second pair.

It seems what roads you roll on make a big difference. I ride in Michigan mostly, and the roads don't seem to chew them up too much, but once a year I go down to North Carolina/Deals Gap area, and they immediately get chewed up in no time.

#13 ·
I have just about 4000 and am getting close to a new rear tire. Still hanging in there. I do mostly commuting and straight (few good turns here in Michigan) but I just put 1500 on the highway and Deals Gap.

#17 ·
I am so tempted to do this and I have only doen 13km's on them. I wonder if I would get a good price for them 2nd hand?

#20 ·
mine made it about 4000, maybe 4500 i dont remember. replaced with with the bridgestone bt016s. Huge improvement.

#23 ·
4200 miles on the Supercorsas. Lots of time spent getting to good roads has resulted in the back being squared off a bit. Plenty of tread left on them too. Pity. Replacing them with Pilot Road 3s.

~Ex

#25 ·
6k here :) down to the wires.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

#28 ·
3k on stockers, 6k and some change on powers pures changing to bts-020's next week

#31 ·
copied from my post here: http://www.triumphrat.net/street-triple-forum/218018-this-is-what-9000-kms-do-with-pirelli.html

stats:
pirelli rosso corsa
9000 km of which 7500 commuting
2 track days (assen, zandvoort)
10 kms of wheelies
1500 kms of twisties in the holidays, jura and alps
see videos i recently uploaded.

i had an appointment to change my tires today, so I wanted to do some burnouts for fun just because i was replacing them anyway. before I could though I saw this when I parked at the store to pick up some goods.

that's the canvas you're seeing

this just happened on the last commute ride i did. dudn't do the burnouts cause I wanted to make it to the dealer ;)

got the dunlop sportmax sportsmarts fitted for my upcoming track days at zolder, belgium and zandvoort. after that it'll be dunlop roadsmarts or michelin pilot road for the winter.

addendum: dunlop sportmax sportsmarts seem to have a pretty good life to them too, already over 7000 km and 2 track days. Pretty good in the rain too.
Will never drive pirellis again probably.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.